Friday, May 2, 2014

Review: 100% Pure Organic Mint Lip Balm

Komiki, my 6-year old Shih Tzu, loves surprises as much as I do! Last month we received a lovely surprise from Canary Cosmetics, and look at Komiki sniffing trying to get first dibs on its contents. And oh, say hello to Cecil Turle, my Mom's vintage figurine. 


Once opened, the cleverly designed gift contained the 100% Pure Organic Mint Lip Balm. Two words that got me excited: organic + mint. 

Premium lipbalm that deeply moisturizes and softens lips. USDA-certified organic and 100% natural!
It is 100% natural, 100% vegan, gluten free, cruelty-free, contains no synthetic chemicals, no artificial fragrances, no toxic preservatives.  
Ingredients: Ingredients: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract*
Price: Php 275/4.25g
Available at: http://www.shopatcanary.com/ 
100% Pure is a green company that manufactures organic and synthetic-free skin care, makeup, and bath & body products. It was one of the brands in my radar when I was exploring all-natural skin care brands a few years ago. Initially based in Oklahoma, it was founded in 2005 by Susie Wang who used to work as a skin care formulator for large cosmetics companies. She learned of toxic chemicals being used in eye cream formulas and other products which accidentally eroded the lab table where she worked. Scary stuff, right? It was then that she decided to create 100% Pure and use only the safest and, essentially, pure ingredients in all of her products.

100% Pure has a strong celebrity following in the US, it's been reported that Kate Hudson loves the 100% Pure Coffee Bean Eye Cream, and Dr. Oz (of Oprah fame) even dubbed it as the "a top anti-aging innovation" in 2012. 

I've been using the 100% Pure Organic Mint Lip Balm since February, and here are my thoughts on it:

Pros: 


  • made of 100% organic and all natural ingredients
  • contains no harmful chemicals or preservatives
  • faint minty sensation when applied, refreshing minty scent
  • suitable for sensitive skin, I didn't experience any allergies or irritation (I usually get bumps and my lips peel when I'm not hiyang to a lip product)
  • comes in an easy to use, non-messy stick
  • has more slip than my other organic lip balm, lips are moisturized longer

Cons:

  • no sun protection
  • you may have to wait for the lip balm to settle before you apply lipstick, or you can blot with a tissue
  • not readily available in malls
  • more pricey than regular lip balms or local organic lip balms

Need more natural-based products? Then head over to www.shopatcanary.com, they have 100% Pure, Benecos, Physicians Formula, and a lot more :)

7 Comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Parang gusto ko sya i-try soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do! It's gentle and suitable for ladies with sensitive skin/lips. Are you into organic/natural skin care as well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too fond of lip balms. I don't know why... Parang feeling ko ang lagkit. Pero if I have chapped lips, I have no choice but to apply it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bigyan kita if and when we meet :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahhoooo! Sana we can meet soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know if you want to go to Bloggers United, I'll reserve a ticket for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Naku, I have a volleyball game on May 10. Tsaka ang layo. Hehehee... Sorry I cant go there. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete