Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Five beauty brands I wish were in the Philippines

Inspired by Alex's blog post, I decided to list down the brands that I've been dying to try out ever since I heard about them a couple of years ago. I'm sharing them here in case a kindred soul decides to bring them to the Philippines.

1. Korres Natural Products

I've been wanting to try Korres since forever. This Greek brand has been around since 1992 and is known for their homeopathic philosophy and using only natural formulations in all their products.


I would love to try their best-selling Guava Lipstick, Raspberry Twist Lipstick, and Pomegranate Moisturizing Cream-Gel.



A skin-friendly makeup line that is free from parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, SLS, and gluten? I'm in! I've always been intrigued with Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation, Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse



This is a fairly obvious choice since I declared so many times that I am in love with their certified organic Rose Hip Oil. I purchased my Kosmea RHO from Glamourbox but I would really like the brand to set up shop in Manila and bring in the whole line --- cleansers, hand cream, moisturizers, the works. I would immediately switch to Kosmea products in a heartbeat. I also started using the Hydrating Rosewater Mist (which I got from my Holiday Glow Glamourbox), and so far so good!


Known for their uber fragrant bath & body products, witty labels, and fun packaging, Soap & Glory is a clean freak's dream come true (that's me!). I was so lucky I won a large tube of their Pulp Friction body scrub (thanks, Julia!), and was able to score some products from my Sephora visit last year. 





One of the reasons I really wanted to visit Korea was to finally step into an Innisfree Boutique. The moment I spotted the sign, I pranced right in and visited everyday! Talk about obsession! There definitely were a lot of makeup products there but the next time I go back, I will most definitely hoard their Camellia Cream Rinse. I have yet to review it on this blog but it's one of the most moisturizing conditioners I've encountered so far. If not for its hefty price tag, I would choose it over my Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner. Both have the Camellia Oil ingredient which is known to soften hair and tame frizz. 

Runners-up: 

  • Badger Balms -- just because I really miss my Badger Balm in Highland Mint. I used to hoard it in Rustan's back in the day.
  • Josie Maran Cosmetics - skin care products and cosmetics infused with Argan Oil. Saw these in Sephora but the selection was incomplete so I didn't end up getting anything.
  • Yes to Carrots - a super natural line made of fruits and veggies! 100% guilt-free and free of harsh chemicals. 

What about you, any brands you wish would come to Philippines soon? :)

15 Comments:

  1. I've never been to Korea, but I love Masil in Julia Vargas Home Depot area. :D That was what converted me to Korean food, actually, because I've never really liked what I've tasted of their food here before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those brands you mentioned, too. I keep seeing then when I travel, pabili ka na lang sa akin next time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reco, we'll try that soon! Lapit lang kasi ng Don The Grill sa amin that's why we're always there :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. O tara, next week! Craving Korean food while responding to comments, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want a Sephora in here. That should take care of most of it. Pero please lang ha, kung 2-3x lang din ang markup I'd rather deprive myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, true! I first stepped into a Sephora last year and parang nabaliw ako sa dami ng products, but I ended up not buying anything. Initial shock lang, which is how I feel whenever I first step into a newly opened Forever 21. In the end your sensibilities will get the better of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can always trust you to introduce me to other organic products <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww..thanks, Alex! It was so hard to narrow it down to 5! But I also wanted to include Sukin Organics and Une Beauty. So many brands on my mind right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hellow kira.. salamat po. post my resto..^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. we'll always give 10% discount po..^_^
    plz visit more.. and blog post..
    maraming salamat po^^
    just text po!
    0916 630 5000 kalbo jeno :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, kalbo Jeno! We shall visit soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. My golay, I feel so jologs. I haven't heard any of these products. I need to update my knowledge channel. Hahahhaa. Pero they all sound effective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sobra ka naman, haha, jologs agad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's why I read your blog, ang dami kong nalalaman. Otherwise, Avon lang talaga ang alam kong beauty product. Heheh.

    ReplyDelete