Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Philosophy Store: Believe in Miracles

Who has fond memories of Philosophy? I remember back in the day when this popular skin care brand was housed in Beauty Bar, and I would ogle at the lovely children's photos on the labels. I love the clean and clinical feel, the lower case writing, and their no-fuss ingredients list. 

I was in Megamall yesterday and saw the new Philosophy store while on the way to Vikings (another blog post on our yummy dinner soon), although I was not looking at purchasing anything, the immaculately clean store with beckoning interiors prompted me to spend a *few* minutes inside to check out Philosophy's new offerings. 

 

Philosophy was founded in 1996 in the US by Cristina Carlino, a cosmetic industry visionary. Her goal was to bridge the gap between what was offered in doctors' offices and retail, so women everywhere could personally access leading skin care technologies (source). In a nutshell, Philosophy promises to bring us remarkable products that care for skin while inspiring beauty within the soul as well.

From Philosophy:

  • we believe the best cosmetic is great looking skin
  • we believe fragrance should smell good and make you feel good
  • we believe showering should be multi-sensory
  • we believe it's better to give than receive


All the products are available for testing and swatching. This is the best part for ladies like me who have sensitive skin and are a bit wary of just purchasing products on a whim. You can get a feel of their bestsellers in this area, the SAs are friendly and will help you address your skin concerns. 

For the uninitiated, Philosophy has a roster of dermatologists who study and formulate the products ensuring their efficacy and gentleness on skin. 


The Purity makeup remover and skin cleanser has been their bestseller for years, I'm glad to know that the line has expanded to include a cleansing oil and cleansing gel. As an avid user of cream cleansers, I would definitely try this once I use up my stash from Mustela and VMV. 

I want this tub and everything that's in it!
I purchased their newest scent, Living Grace. 

SA May was very accommodating and was not pushy at all, she was also kind enough to give me some samples to try :) 


Will let you know how these samples fare soon. You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram where I sometimes post my raves if I'm on the go and have no time to sit down and write a blog entry.

For the Philosophy loyals, which product from Philosophy would you recommend to a newbie like me? :)


Check out Philosophy on the 2f of SM Megamall, Mega Fashion Hall. 
Website: http://www.philosophy.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment