Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Review: VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Daily Therapy Moisturizer

Here's someone who I wish would blog more often: my "twin", Kari, of Pretty Owlsome. I love how she writes, as well as her fascination with owls (thus she has sections in her blog called "Owldrobe", "Hoot-Worthy Finds") which I think is pretty darn cute. I mean, who doesn't like owls? Anyway, here's her review on the VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Daily Therapy Moisturizer which she tested for a couple of months. Read on!
----

Summer is coming up fast! If you’ve been using those ultra-rich moisturizers and body butters after that cold spell earlier this year, it’s time to switch. Kira gave me the VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Daily Therapy Moisturizer to review (quite) some time back,hihi, and from my experience with it, it’s something that can definitely find a place in your summer skincare routine.

Ultra-moisturizing inflammation, redness + flaking control. Incredibly rich, soothing and therapeutic yet non-comedogenic and gentle enough for daily use. 
Price: Php 820/120ml
A brief background: VMV’s Red Better line is designed to deeply soothe and calm redness in the skin. While those with hyperactive skin disorders like rosacea are definitely spot-on for this, most people experience redness through those pesky pimples or simple skin irritations, like too much sun exposure and overexertion. I have a skin condition called psoriasis that, at its worst, appears as raised red patches called plaques that produce flaky skin. I have a few plaques on my forehead and general redness on my face that needed sorting out, which is how this product came to be integrated in my routine.

This moisturizer needs to be shaken well before use, as the ingredients sort of separate over time—no, it’s not going bad!It smells nicely of coconut and has an initial refreshing feeling upon contact with the skin, like you just doused it with water. This helps the rest of the moisturizer absorb relatively quickly into the skin, and leaves a “rich” feel behind which I enjoyed. I used this every morning, but could also see it working well at night to soothe skin after a long day. It settled well under my makeup and did not seem to affect the performance of my BB cream in terms of coverage, oil-control, or longevity.


Did it help my existing skin conditions? Yes and no. The product did well to reduce some of the redness in my cheeks and helped maintain a good level of moisture, but it sadly could not prevent the return of my psoriasis plaques. I anticipated this, though, given that stress triggers the plaques and skin dryness is only one of the stresses I sought to control with the moisturizer. I feel that it would have been best to use this in conjunction with the rest of the Red Better line. If you have some level of redness in your skin, though, or are looking for a refreshing moisturizer that hydrates well and absorbs fast, I do recommend this!

The Red Better Daily Therapy Moisturizer is Php820 for 120mL and is available at all VMV Hypoallergenics stores, kiosks, and online. For more information, log on to www.vmvhypoallergenics.ph.
----


Discount is valid until March 31, 2014 only. Hurry, use the code 
VMVELEGANTLYWASTED and get 15% off your purchases!


Also, don't forget to avail of the very gorge Yacht Summer Tote from VMV! You get this FREE with every Php 3,500 purchase in stores. Available until March 31, 2014 only. 

4 Comments:

  1. Is your discount coupon only available for online purchases? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for online purchases only :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a more cheaper donut bun only 40php in Broadway Gems

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justine GutierrezJune 7, 2015 at 7:15 AM

    Is this comparable to Avene Restorative Skin Cream?

    ReplyDelete