Monday, March 24, 2014

Our superb dining experience at Vikings Luxury Buffet in SM Megamall

Vikings are super warriors and are known for their gung-ho attitude, ravenous appetites, and enlarged meals especially during feast nights. For those who wish to celebrate like a viking and indulge in mouthwatering cuisines from around the world, then read on about my experience at the new Vikings branch.

Every Vikings branch has a different theme: SM North EDSA has classy black and white designs, SM Marikina offers homey interiors, SM Lanang has the modern Filipino look, SM MOA is Scandinavian-inspired, while the SM Megamall branch has a very eclectic art museum feel. We usually celebrate birthdays here (view my birthday video at Vikings MOA) because in true Filipino fashion, what better way to create a memorable birthday than with good friends and endless food.

My Dad was in town and celebrated his 64th birthday early this week, so it was just perfect that Vikings Luxury Buffet invited us to dine at their new branch in Megamall.


Considered as the largest buffet restaurant in the country, Vikings offers an impressive selection of Asian, European, American dishes that will surely whet the appetite of the pickiest of eaters.

A little bit of trivia: Vikings Luxury Buffet was nominated and awarded the title “Most Promising Retailer” for 2013! This was the first time that Vikings has received such a prestigious award from the Philippines Retailers Association. 
Okay, now on with the tour! Here's what greeted us the moment we stepped in:


Splattered with fun colors, this section really appealed to my senses!


Each area has a different look and feel, there are also private rooms available for groups.

The parentals are excited to eat!
Now on with the tour! Here's what to expect at the new Vikings branch:

Salad station/Tapas Bar
Start here before diving into a plethora of food choices. 


Roasting & Carving Station
Meat lovers, get your carnivorous fix here!


I highly recommend the Beef Brisket and Roasted Lamb smothered in creamy mushroom sauce, definitely a thumbs up for me! Pair it with the Steak Rice and I guarantee you'll be one happy camper :)

Asian Station
With lots of fresh seafood, you could say that this was one of our favorite stations. 

tuna and salmon :)
Dimsum
I LOVE Hakaw. Enough said. 
Italian Station
I will always be a pasta lover at heart. Vikings is proud of the fact that they make fresh pasta on-demand. 

pasta machine
baked fresh daily
You can even create your own pizza or pasta. Here, Krissy takes a go at it:

Krissy's Pomodoro pasta

Hands down, my fave Italian dish in Vikings is the Truffle Cheese Pasta because everyone knows I love truffle oil. This could be a great alternative to my Cafe Bola's Penne & Choriza pasta which I've been a fan of for years. I think I had 3 plates of this. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is a new addition to the menu, I haven't seen this at the other Vikings branches. Good job on this super delish pasta dish, Chefs!

Dessert Station
You always, always have to make room for dessert in Vikings!

they have Bibingka and Puto Bumbong
white & milk chocolate fondue
profiteroles
Red Velvet mini cakes (I like the ones in MOA better)
What I got: Creme Brulee, a profiterole, Mango Mousse, and Chocolate Mousse
Drinks Station
Wash everything down with their wide selection of drinks, from lemonade to hot teas, and then prepare yourself again for another round of eating. 


The selection can be quite overwhelming but I highly recommend the Blueberry Lemonade -- it was a runaway favorite. It was perfectly sweet and tart plus there were actual blueberry bits floating around. Lovely!

electronic survey via tablet
This was Krissy's first time in Vikings and she had a grand time! Thanks for coming with us, Krissy, we really had fun picking on you! *kidding*


Pour conclure, the new Vikings in SM Megamall is now my favorite branch. The new dishes are superb, it has the seating capacity of 450+ pax, offers 250 dishes, plus it's more spacious and interesting (read: aesthetically pleasing) with all the strategically-placed sculptures and artworks. 

Not to mention that it's smack in the middle of the new Fashion Hall which houses international brands such as Philosophy and MAKE FOR EVER, and even has its own skating rink on the 5th floor. The SM Megamall Fashion Hall has truly become a top destination for shoppers and foodies. 


Thank you so much to the management and staff of Vikings for inviting us. We had wonderful time and my Dad was so happy he got to celebrate his birthday there. I will definitely be back soon! :)

Stay tuned for their monthly promos and gimmicks. Follow Vikings Luxury Buffet at https://www.facebook.com/vikingssmmegamall

14 Comments:

  1. Oooh looks good! Haven't tried Vikings at all but this is sorely tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it! You can even dine for FREE when you come on your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! Sorry I missed meeting your family! :| How much is the buffet, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ae! For Lunch it's P688, for dinner it's P888. Would love to come back with, I really like the Truffle Cheese Pasta! As in I can eat it the whole day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do they have avocado ice cream and crepes as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kumain tayo dito AND do beauty booty swap! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes they do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure, let's in a few weeks. I just had dental surgery today so I need to let the pain and swelling subside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yey! We'll try by July.. we just go to vikings on my bday or my bf's bday pra tipid.. hehe we usually go to Vikings Marikina..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ang tagal pa! Go na next weekend, haha :D I highly recommend the Truffle Cheese Pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe wala pa budget..
    sure i'll keep that in mind..

    ReplyDelete
  12. We went here fathers day! haha i was so overwhelmed I forgot the truffle cheese pasta. I first glance I thought they offer vast variety of food compared to Vikings Marikina but the staff said it's just the same just diff menu everyday. I love that they have milk teas now and I did not notice the "how to" hehe. I just poured everything on my own but it still taste the same. nyeheh. Will still go back there by July. I have not looked in every corner so definitely going back to eat what I missed. *excited*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, can't wait to try the milk teas. Try the beef brisket, pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes..DIY milk teas.. :) Okay..truffle cheese pasta and beef brisket. Saved. *wink*

    ReplyDelete