Wednesday, March 5, 2014

An Impromtu (and funny!) Late Night Torikatsu V-day Dinner

source
Valentine’s day just came and left without me noticing.I can’t believe that it’s almost been a year since I was last attached to someone. The feeling is very new to me, but then again, if not for my singledom I would never have accomplished so much in a year! In a way, being single has helped me focus on what I needed to achieve. It’s pretty awesome, actually, and pretty liberating.

How do you get back on the dating game when you’ve been attached for over a decade? It’s a question that’s been bugging me ever since I became single. So far, my dates (if you can call them that) have been okay – very chill and nothing spectacular. 

Over plates of golden-fried Torikatsu (of course, bingeing on Vday is totally acceptable and it was the easiest to cook, mind you), I asked my friend (who requested to not be named in this post, haha) who is single and active in the dating scene about her most memorable date. “I would love to learn more about the highs and lows of dating in your 30s.” I said. “Amuse me -- the funnier, the better”. 

The Classic Torikatsu is my fave
My friend thinks for a bit and chows down on a mouthful of Torikatsu, then has a light bulb moment and starts to share her funniest dates:

“A guy offered to cook dinner for me and a college friend at his condo. (So I don't know if this technically qualifies as a 'date' -- but this is a good story, swear!) When we showed up, he'd prepared carbonara, candlelight, the works. After pouring Coke into our wine glasses (classy!), he turned around and my friend said, "Dude... you're burning!"
The candle must have blown onto his shirt, because it was on fire! We wrestled with how to put out the flames... I tried to blot it out with a napkin, but was too scared to touch him so I think I was fanning it, which everyone knows makes it worse. My friend seriously considered dousing him with Coke. Finally he ran to the sink and extinguished himself, leaving a huge hole on his shirt in the process (to think it was brand new!). Oh well. I can tell you that the carbonara was really good, though!”
After loads of laughter, my friend goes on to share another story which I (and I’m sure most of you) can relate to:
“I once went on a first date when I was still fragile and reeling from a breakup. An officemate insisted on fixing me up with his cousin, and I agreed because I'd spent the whole day crying at home and thought it would help to get right back in the game. Big mistake -- over coffee, I ended up pouring my heart out to him, going on and on about my ex. And I cried. Poor guy! Luckily, he was kind enough to listen and even gave me advice based on his own heartaches. I wish I could say we fell in love and lived happily ever after, but aside from texting a few times to ask how I was doing, we never went out again. Which is probably for the best. I think I was his worst first date ever!”
Oh my God. I could totally relate to her latest story, and I felt bad for the guy afterwards.

Torikatsu Cheese & Chives
How many late night conversations have been made over good (easy to cook) food? If you’re in a pinch or get midnight cravings, I recommend frying or baking a few Torikatsu cutlets. They come in Classic Mayonnaise or Cheese &Chives, you can easily pick up a few at your local supermarket. Keep a few handy at all times for those impromptu late night snacks with your girlfriends.


Which Torikatsu is your favorite? :)

For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/toptorikatsu.

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. 

5 Comments:

  1. joy marie SalvadorMarch 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM

    hi sis! when you're using bikini bomb do you exfoliate using bath towel
    during a bath? (baka kasi pag ni-rub harsh sa skin) and how many minutes
    after applying bikini bomb bago mo ina-apply yung BIA? thank you sis.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy! I use the Bikini Bomb on elbows and knees (some office mates use it in their "singit" to lighten it), I apply it after BIA. I don't time it, I just apply it immediately after.


    I don't really scrub my skin as much because my skin is sensitive to begin with, I use a body scrub maybe once every two weeks. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. joy marie SalvadorMarch 8, 2014 at 7:47 AM

    thanks sis! i'll try this as soon as i get my orders. excited me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where to buy CPC+G??

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can order through http://www.vnmnaturals.com/, plus they have regular bazaars throughout the metro. If you're from the North, you can visit their stall in SM North Edsa Annex :)

    ReplyDelete