Thursday, January 2, 2014

Torikatsu, My Way

With the holiday season winding down, I just want to relax and save whatever's left of my "vacation". With everyone's schedule starting to become so busy again and with work looming around the corner, I just want to be able to be in bed by 11pm (wishful thinking). But of course that rarely happens as I usually plop into bed at around 1:30 AM - 2:00 AM.

My weekends have been pretty hectic as well with errands, post-Christmas luncheons and dinners with relatives, catching up with friends, and sometimes (if I have time) I try to squeeze in a little spa pampering or yoga.

Because I’ve been running around like a headless chicken in 2013 and my mind was constantly racing, I’ve learned to make my Sundays a little bit more sacred -- if I can stay home, I will. I’d rather spend time with Komiki and Epsilon, read a good book, or just catch up with my family.


Just recently, I was introduced to the Torikatsu by Bounty Fresh. What is Torikatsu anyway? Based on the ever-popular Japanese breaded chicken cutlet dish, Top Torikatsu is made from the choicest, 100% chicken breasts and is coated with crispy panko (breadcrumbs) for that extra crunch and texture.

For the uninitiated, Bounty Fresh is the first Philippine company to win the Best Poultry and Livestock Company Award at the 2009 Asian Livestock Industry Awards, thus also dubbed as “Asia’s Best.” Their newest product is Top Torikatsu which comes in two flavors: Classic (with mayonnaise) and Cheese & Chives.

We decided to have some for lunch today since we were all staying home and this rarely happens, haha. So I broke open a pack and eagerly “cooked” my first Torikatsu.

fresh from the freezer
For someone who has zero background on cooking (I can fry though, haha), Torikatsu is perfect. No need for lengthy recipes or lots of preparation, just remove the frozen pack from the fridge and start cooking!


You can cook the Torikatsu two ways either via frying or baking. I prefer baking it in a turbo broiler (less mess!), here’s how to do it:

  1. Place 3 pieces of breaded katsu into turbo broiler rack.
  2. Set temperature of turbo broiler into 175C and cook for 8-10 minutes (you can adjust this if you feel like the katsu isn’t done).
  3. Carefully turn once and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
  4. Remove katsu from the turbo.
  5. Serve hot.


Ta-daaah! Perfectly cooked and golden brown to perfection in only 15 minutes! I added a little oil here just so they won’t stick to the plate, but you can pretty much eliminate the oil altogether.


Mom loved the cheese & chive variant! She said she’d love to have this for dinner tonight.


My sister and I found the Torikatsu to be very, very tender and flavorful and we both prefer the mayonnaise variant. I think Komiki wants some, too!

Have you tried Top Torikatsu? Which flavor is your favorite? 


For more information on Top Torikatsu, visit https://www.facebook.com/bountyfreshchicken

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. 

1 Comments:

  1. may beauty box pa ba ang SM?

    ReplyDelete