Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Skin Rejuvenating Facial at Strip Manila

I've been a Strip regular since 2012 and just when I thought I've seen it all, Strip recently unveiled its newest service -- the Strip Facial. When I was invited to try this out for free, I didn't really know what to expect. I've known Strip to be the master in waxing, so I wasn't too keen on having a facial done there. Furthermore, it was mentioned that I was going to experience the Brazilian facial: Is this a brazilian + facial? Or a facial with a brazilian influence? I wasn't briefed beforehand but I was very game nonetheless.

When I arrived in Strip (Greenbelt) I requested for my favorite Striperella, April. She's been waxing me since 2012, tee-hee. She ushered me into a room and explained the procedure to me.


The new Strip Facial (or Brazilian Facial) is basically a skin rejuvenation procedure that exfoliates skin while infusing it with vitamins. These facials are recommended to clients who want to quickly fix their skin conditions or to maintain skin's health. There are several options available which includes Hydro (for stressed, dehydrated, or sensitive skin) and Brightening (Vitamin C).

You could liken it to a diamond peel but while exfoliating the top layer of the skin, it also infuses the skin with either a hydrating cocktail of vitamins (for sensitive or dry, dehydrated skin), or brighten it with Vitamin C (best for blemished skin).


First, my skin was cleansed with a cotton pad using a mild skin cleanser. I was so glad April didn't remove my eyebrows because I didn't want to walk around Greenbelt eyebrow-less (the horror!). My skin wasn't problematic so the Hydro infusion was loaded into the machine. After cleansing, the wand (above) was applied in a sweeping motion concentrating on my T-zone. The suction tip was gentle and non-abrasive, and I felt a cold tingle as the suction tip delivered hydrating vitamins to my parched (and very stressed) skin.


It only took about 15 minutes and I was very happy that my skin only turned mild pink (as with diamond peels and Nano peels, my skin is usually red for an hour!). Plus, it's not messy -- no annoying diamond or crystal particles afterwards!

If there was one word to describe it, it would be non-invasive. This is one procedure that you can conveniently have during your lunch break and come back to the office unscathed. Please note that there is no pricking involved here.

with my waxer, April
with the bubbly Monique of Strip
It is recommended to have the facial every month, or every 2-3 weeks depending on your skin concerns. I noticed that my skin is smoother after the treatment, no allergic reactions or breakouts after, too, which proves that the infusion is indeed mild and perfect for sensitive skin.

Okay, I bet you're thinking, "Why is this called a Brazilian Facial?" It was explained to me that the "Brazilian Facial" actually refers to a facial administered on your nether region; if it's done on the face, it's called a "Strip Facial." But these terms have become interchangeable and the "Brazilian Facial" has also become a generic term that just means "facial." Just sharing this to everyone to avoid confusion :)

I would also like to mention that the Skin Rejuvenating Facial is not only limited to the face as you can also rejuvenate the skin on your elbows, kneecaps, underarm, stomach, brazilian area, etc. It is also said to be a great option after waxing to condition skin and prevent ingrown hairs. If done after waxing an area, the staff also calls it "Wax & Polish."

Please see FAQ and price list below:


The Strip Rejuvenating Facial is currently on a 50% introductory offer. Why not try for it in preparation for V-day?

For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/stripmanila

3 Comments:

  1. I got mine yesterday! Definitely Hair Heroes. I think yun ang nagdala ng brand ng Snoe when they were starting out.

    My box came with a passionfruit lotion (prefer yours!), color changing balm (prefer yours again!) and a peach sanitizer (ha! I'd keep this one.) OMG I am mooning over these Snoe boxes! Success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this box as well :(

    http://steal-thestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, it's sold out na :(

    ReplyDelete