Friday, January 3, 2014

Korea Travelogue Day 2: Shopping at Innisfree

I will admit that apart from the promise of snow, I was so looking forward to visiting an actual Innisfree boutique. I've been a fan of their eco-friendly products for years and it is the only remaining Korean cosmetic brand that I wish would come to the Philippines.


Innisfree is popular for their eco-friendly ingredients, 100% recycled packaging, and skin-friendly formulas. Their products are suitable for sensitive skin as they usually have less (or none) of the irritating ingredients such as silicones, parabens, etc. Please take time to read the labels because some Innisfree products still have SLS (especially the shampoos), but there are some makeup products that are completely devoid of these "bad" chemicals.

Innisfree mainly uses Jeju-derived ingredients in their skin care, makeup, hair, and bath & body lines. Jeju Green Tea is grown on a volcanic island rich in minerals off the southern coast of the Korean peninsula. Green tea in skin care can help counter the effects of free radicals and prevent premature aging of skin cells.


I've been to several Innisfree stores during my short visit to Korea and I was hard pressed at choosing what to buy. I wasn't too interested in makeup since I am very happy with my Ellana mineral foundation (in fact, I won't switch to another makeup brand anymore), but I was interested in anything that would sop up oil, or anything that is "non-invasive" and can easily plug into my existing skin care routine.

So here's my humble loot (prices to follow, I still have to figure out the receipt):


1. Mint Green Tea Fresh Rinse
2. Camellia Cream Rinse 
3. Camellia Curling Hair Essence


Camellia Seed Oil is the main ingredient of my favorite cheapo conditioner of all time, the Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner from Watsons, so I'm positive this range will work the same way. I didn't get the shampoo since I love my Pureology already. 


4. Eco Science Special Kit
5. The Minimum Ampoule Essence
6. Eco Natural BB Cream SPF 29 PA++
7. No Sebum Mineral Pact


It says that the new "Minimum" line can help nourish sensitive skin and alleviate redness. It's also in a serum (gel) formulation which is good for combination skin. No creams for me, please. 

I also got a foundation brush but it's as pasalubong so I didn't include it here. What I also love about Korean brands is that they are generous when giving out GWPs and samples :)

So there. I'm currently using the mint conditioner and the BB Cream and hopefully I can review them on the blog soon. 

What are your favorite Innisfree products? 
Share them with me below!



Related posts:

23 Comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this brand before! but we could definitely use more brands like this! I like using more eco-friendly products :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I said I'll stay away from fried food, but gooshh this really looks tempting! I think I'll also like the cheese & chive variant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried Torikatsu. I don't eat anything with mayo, but I think I would like to try the cheese and chives variant. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel! Yes, we definitely need more eco-friendly, skin-friendly, and cruelty-free brands in the Philippines :) Sad that Innisfree is only available in Korea, wish it were available in SG or Hongkong :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's super tender even when deep fried! But use na lang a turbo to cook it so you won't feel guilty, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jay, you'll love the Classic variant with mayonnaise more :) Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Komiki is soooo adorable looking at your Torikatsu...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! Thank you :) I'll make sure to tell her that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. luv the look on Komiki's face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive tried their wine peeling softener =) bago pa dumating yung CURE =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How is it? :) Love, love Innisfree! I want to go back to make pabili so I don't run out. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. it isnt available locally i bought mine from a friend who travel in korea =) it smells like red wine and it works wonder like Cure Aqua Gel =) i swear ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting! I don't remember seeing that but I'm interested to try it the next time I visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me know how the curling cream is ha! Although I already love the one you gave me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Innisfree one makes my hair too soft, no hold and definition. Will have to experiment pa and see if I can make it work :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. They have Innisfree stores in SG and HK :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, @Bea ! Cool, point me in the right direction please? Heading to SG next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's one in Takashimaya and another in bugis :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's available in HK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where can I find innisfree in ph?

    ReplyDelete
  21. korean drama fanMay 14, 2015 at 7:36 AM

    Are these products available in the philippines?been wanting to buy these but i couldn't find one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not at the moment :( You can try SeektheUniq.com sometimes they have Innisfree products available.

    ReplyDelete