Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Holika Holika Aqua Max Sebum Control Moisture Cream

One of the products I was really intent on using in Korea was the Holika Holika Aqua Max Sebum Control Moisture Cream (green). It's a gel-type moisturizer that aims to effectively moisturize oily skin without leaving it slick and greasy.

Although I knew that I was going to a very cold country (read: -11 degrees Celsius), I didn't want to risk using richer creams for fear of breaking out. Furthermore, I layer my VMV Skin Savvy over moisturizer and I was worried that layering on too many products (and emollient ones at that) may cause clogged pores, pimples, and comedones. Eeek!


The Aqua Max line was formerly called Water March and comes in 3 variants:

  • Nutri-moisture Cream (pink) - contains Finland Cloud-Berry to moisturize dry skin
  • Sebum Control Moisture Cream (green) - contains Himalayan Raspberry that acts as an astringent to control sebum and shrink pores
  • Ultra Moisture Cream (blue) - contains Alps butterflies Hydrangeas that helps increase skin's water supply, circulation and soothing of your skin

Price: Php 695/120ml


What I like: 

  • gel-type consistency cools and soothes combination-oily skin
  • non-greasy and is absorbed by skin instantly
  • has white beads that "burst" when rubbed onto skin, thus releasing more moisture
  • gorgeous and hefty glass packaging with a secure cork-pattern cover
  • generous amount of product, very economical
  • spatula is included to reduce the risk of contamination
  • lessens skin's oiliness, yet kept my combi skin well-moisturized
  • did not irritate my sensitive (no allergic reactions, no pimples)
  • no parabens, yay!
  • great when used under my VMV Skin Savvy, kept skin clear and moisturized

What I don't like: 

  • wish they made an unscented version
  • contains dimethicones and triethanolamine


Pour conclure, I really love the Holika Holika Aqua Max Sebum Control Moisture Cream and would definitely repurchase once I run out. I love how it fares well in our weather and also (much more impressively) in winter weather!

Even though it's a mass market brand, the glass container makes the product appear very luxe and I do enjoy using it all the time. Although I must admit, I do dip my fingers in the jar (too lazy to use the spatula, and I'm a chronic hand-washer anyway).

Have you tried the Aqua Max Sebum Control Moisture Cream?


7 Comments:

  1. Looks great. Nice blog! :)
    I'd love to stay connected. Following you now, follow back? :)

    Kisses
    http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bilib with Koreans' gel type moisturizers. This reminds me a lot of the Laneige Water Pack and it's also a big WIN for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tellie! I haven't tried anything from Laneige..hahaha. What would you recommend? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I like the Strawberry Yogurt exfoliate chuchu (similar to Cure!) and the Water Sleeping Pack :D With cosmetics, I think their BB and CC cushions are FAB! Pretty scared to recommend tho since you have sensitive skin :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I do think I have a sample of that Strawberry Yogurt thingie (or it might be a mask, I have to check). I was initially curious about their Cushion BB as I've read good reviews on it. Maybe I'll try that famous Water Sleeping Pack, too, haha. I'll check out Laneige tomorrow.



    Thanks, Tellie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Na-excite ako to try my Good Cera moisture bomb. Pero madami pa kong bukas :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I could imagine! Beauty blogger problems! But I have faith in Holika Holika's products, they've worked well for me so far! Even their Eyebrow Pencil is my favorite, I bought 3 kagad in Korea :P

    ReplyDelete