Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Detox Detox Treatment at Ki by Neo Day Spa


For my second treatment at Ki by Neo Day Spa, I chose the new Detox Detox Treatment which was so new, it wasn't even listed on the service menu! I was told that it involves a seaweed wrap + body scrub + lymphatic drainage massage. It's good for releasing toxins from the body and is recommended for people on the go, those who need cleansing, and for those who always eat out. Hmmm....I think that just about describes me. Although I do resist from eating out too often and am trying to include more greens in my diet, I also get sugar cravings (not to mention Yabu cravings) when I'm stressed. So yeah, I need a detox alright!


Sharon was assigned to me again, she was the masseuse from my first visit. 

Side note: I'm loving long skirts now, because it's so comfy and so easy to wear. I got this black skirt from Helga at our previous fashion swap at The Appraisery. :)


I'm glad that I had the room all to myself so I can relax and recharge in peace.


The scrub has some fruit enzymes in it along with small scrubbies to gently but thoroughly exfoliate skin. This was rubbed on my dry skin, from the tips of my toes to my neck. The scrubbies were just right -- I got a good exfoliation without my skin feeling raw afterwards.

After that I had to shower it all off then Sharon applied a marine-based/seaweed concoction on my whole body and wrapped me for a good 20 minutes. The smell of the marine-based cream was similar to that used by Toccare in my Body Sculpt treatemtn, which I assumed could help me lose some inches? I asked Sharon and it says it's mainly for detox and yes, I may lose a few inches, too. 

After another quick rinse, it was time for my lymphatic massage. Ahh, the massage is always my favorite part. The lymphatic massage is a type of gentle massage that concentrates on the lymph nodes. Our lymph nodes are soft, small internal structures located in the armpits, groin, and neck, as well as in the center of the chest and abdomen. The lymph nodes produce immune cells that fight infection while filtering lymph fluid to remove foreign material. When bacteria or other immune threats are present in lymph, lymph nodes increase production of infection-fighting white blood cells, which can cause the nodes to swell (source).

If you're the type of person who doesn't get much exercise, and eats too much processed food (when we're all stressed, we crave for greasy food. Am I right or am I right?), the lymphatic system can easily get overtaxed and this sometimes results to a body that is susceptible to infection and disease.

If you're used to a medium-pressed swedish massage, you'd find that the lymphatic massage to be a little too gentle. I'm pretty used to kneading and longer strokes, so I wasn't able to doze off. But I do appreciate that my lymph nodes are somehow detoxed because of this treatment. This is something that I would like to do on a regular basis, provided I have enough time to head to Greenhills.

If you want to try the new Detox Detox Treatment, then you can visit Ki at Neo Day Spa at the ff branches:

Ki by Neo Day Spa
35 Wilson Street corner Washington Street, Greenhills West, San Juan City
Telephone: +63 (02) 5846789, +63 (02) 5846066
Operating Hours: Daily from 1pm to 11pm

Neo Day Spa - Bonifacio Global City
G/F Net One Center Building, 26th Street corner 3rd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City
Telephone: +63 (02) 8158233, +63 (02) 8156948
Operating Hours: Daily from 1pm to 11pm

http://www.neospa.net/

3 Comments:

  1. Yeah, haha. Very lady-like :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lymphatic massage : sounds good! And you are right: greasy food + stress= relaxation.


    Like the skirt on you :)

    ReplyDelete