Saturday, November 2, 2013

Water-based Sunscreen: Enavose Invisible Sunbrella UV Mist SPF 45

It's been a week since Pnut passed, and although I feel better now (though not 100% back to normal) there are still some days I wake up and cry uncontrollably. I think of Pnut everyday, and I wonder what he's up to in doggie heaven. I also planted a bunch of margarita flowers on top of his grave and I greet Pnut everytime I leave the house. I'd like to think that he's always watching over me.

I also take comfort in the fact that Komiki gives me joy everyday, plus most my friends are pet owners as well and empathize with me. In some cases, my friends even love their pets more than humans, which I think totally makes sense. So that's how I feel right now. I cherish all the years I spent with Pnut. I love him very much and you will definitely still read snippets about him in this blog for the next few months.

-----

Anyway, I wanted to also talk about this wonderful product that I discovered through my meet up with Vivi last June. I use sunscreen everyday, mostly by using VMV Skin Savvy SPF 60, but I'm also on the look out for other sunscreen products that are skin-friendly and non-greasy (very important!).

Vivi gave me two Enavose products: the Invisible Sunbrella UV Mist SPF 45 and City Defence UV Base SPF 50. Enavose is a Swiss brand that believes in incorporating pure botanicals (such as natural herbs, spices, vegetables, fruits, natural spring water, glacial water and Dead Sea minerals) in their products in order to maintain youthfulness and improve skin's overall health. They do not claim to be 100% organic or 100% natural, but they do employ a lot of [active] natural ingredients in their products.

This advanced invisible sunscreen offers broad-spectrum UVA and UVB SPF 45 protection in a convenient micro-vapourised mist that applies evenly and dries instantly on skin. Its innovative formula includes a new tetrapeptide born from preventive cosmetics that protect skin cells from UVA-induced damage and support skin’s repair system. Ideal for face and body, this versatile spray can be used over makeup. Feel empowered to replenish your sun protection whenever, wherever. 
Active Ingredients: DNA Tetrapeptides, Organic Green Tea, Lecithin.

Price: $39.90 SGD/30ml

I bet you're thinking, how can an all-natural product protect us from the sun? We're all familiar with the usual zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, etc., the Enavose Invisible Sunbrella UV Mist SPF 45 lists Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane and Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate as their sunscreen ingredients. Both are listed high up in the ingredients list: #7 and #2 respectively out of 27 ingredients.

According to CosmeticsInfo.org:

  • Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane - has the ability to absorb ultraviolet light over a wide range of wavelengths and then convert it to less damaging infrared radiation (heat)
  • Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate - can help protect against sunburn and other skin damage caused by UV light by absorbing UV radiation

All Enavose products are 100% free from parabens, mineral oils, SLES, allegenic fragrances, animal testing, and are absolutely animal cruelty-free. 

What I like: 

  • oil-free, non-greasy and water-based -- my combination skin loves the lightweight formula!
  • is absorbed by the skin almost instantly
  • gentle on sensitive skin (no silicones, yay!)
  • encased in a sturdy and hefty plastic container that will resist drops, no leaking here
  • handy and small enough for travel
  • fine spritz that dispenses just the right amount of product for my face (one full spritz = one cheek)
  • almost unscented (there's a faint smell of regular sunscreen if you sniff it up close)
  • absolutely no white cast
  • can be used over and under makeup (I only use it alone or under makeup though, since my Skin Savvy also has SPF 60)
  • feels like water on the skin
  • a rubberized top helps give you a better grip when spraying

rubberized top gives you a better grip
spritz away!
What I don't like: 

  • not available in the Philippines :(
  • a little sticky on combi skin 
  • leaves a very light sheen on the skin (not completely matte)
  • the opaque container protects the natural ingredients from deteriorating when exposed to sunlight, but it's also hard to check how much you have left
  • I would love a bigger size (if you plan to use this on all exposed body parts, you'll use up the 30ml in no time)


Please note that this product is not oily on its own (check out the watery texture above), but of course I still oil up  after a while. It does not mattify or prevent the oilies, after all.

Tip: You can either spray directly on your facial skin and spread evenly, or spray some on your palm and apply as you would normal moisturizer. 


Pour conclure

I think this is a great product for touch-ups and for travelling due to its handy size and fuss-free application. If you have great skin and don't need any coverage, it's good to use on its own; just pat on powder foundation or powder and you're good to go.

Dermatologists recommend that you re-apply your sunscreen several times a day (which I don't do, boo-hoo), but you can easily just spritz anytime with this product. It's so light and doesn't feel warm on the face (doesn't make me perspire a lot, too). Personally, I use this under my Skin Savvy SPF 60 (this serves as my foundation as well), I want to make sure I get optimum protection especially since it's so hot in the Philippines -_-

Next time I go to Singapore, I would love to repurchase this and also try their Probiotics Exfoliance Gommage, Swiss Glacial Loose Powder SPF 15 (which Vivi reviewed here), and Silk Touché Luxurious Foundation SPF 15

Thanks, Vivi, for introducing me to Enavose. What a great beauty discovery! :)

Have you tried anything from Enavose? 
Which non-greasy, lightweight sunscreen do you swear by?


6 Comments:

  1. Ooh. I wish they'd sell that here. Then again, there are lots of products in Singapore that I wish were available here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree! We are so missing out an a lot of really good skin care and makeup products!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your loss, I hope you feel better soon. I'm curious about Enavose, I think it's worth trying. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I like that is comes in spritz type of packaging. Now it makes sense to reapply through out the day cos it will not affect the whole makeup on the face. Im also guilty of just applying once and hoping the sunscreen will last the whole day, hahaha stubborn and lazy me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn! Thank you so much. Do say a little prayer for Pnut tonight.


    I'm curious about the brand, too, and would most definitely check out the store next time I visit Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can buy Enavose and other brands products online at www.luvdelight.com and they will deliver to your doorstep. Havng sale now for their launch. 20% Discount for all Enavose products a Luv Delight.

    ReplyDelete