Monday, November 11, 2013

Holiday Lips: PIXI Tinted Brilliance Balm in Bitten Berry

Working for Glamourbox, I've discovered a lot of fun and interesting beauty products over the last 7 months. My relationship with some products are fleeting, while some have taken up permanent residence in my vanity kit. While admittedly I am not a huge makeup person, lip products and bases/foundations are my Waterloo.

I've gushed about the PIXI Beauty Tinted Brilliance Balm in Bitten Berry on my social media accounts but never really got around to reviewing it. So here goes!

Packed with lip-loving ingredients, this glossy gel balm protects & hydrates lips instantly. After the balm wears off, lips are left tinted with a flattering, personalized hue just for you (colour & intensity depends on pH level of lips). Twist-up crayon requires no sharpening. Secure lid after use. 
Price: Php 760/3g
For years I've always wanted a dark lip color, but my skin tone can never quite pull it off. The PIXI Tinted Brilliance Balm is the sort of fun product you'd get when you marry a lipstick and a lip gloss. It looks dark in the tube (don't be scared!) but it actually applies a buildable pop of color on the lips. It's pretty pigmented for a product that's called a balm, and leaves a nice pinkish tint on the lips after drinking, eating, or when the gloss has worn off.


Lip crayons seem to be all the rage these days, primarily because the crayon tip makes for easy and precise application. I have two Tinted Brilliance Balms (my review on the Think Pink Magic Tink Tint here) and I've found both to be particularly hydrating, I actually don't need to apply balm prior to application.


Bitten Berry is a beautiful berry plum shade that I can wear day or night. It's my favorite lip color at the moment and I can see myself wearing this even after the holidays.

I'm wearing Bitten Berry here! It's so lovely!
Do you love berry shades, too? Share your favorite holiday lipstick with me!


Disclosure: I work as the Business Development Officer of Glamourox, the exclusive online retailer of PIXI in the Philippines. Bitten Berry was given to me as a birthday gift by my lovely sister who purchased it via the Glamourbox online boutique

26 Comments:

  1. this is more pigmented than the one released in GB for April2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it compared to our favorite Plumful? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kari! It's brighter and glossier :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhania! Yes it is, the one released last April was the Magic Tink Tint which is a clear gloss but turns into pink once it is applied on the lips. Bitten Berry has a deep berry color on its own, the color adjusts to your lip chemistry as well (may be darker or lighter on some lips). Both are very hydrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It's a very nice shade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is! I believe that Glamourbox will be bringing in more shades, soon! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first I was shocked by the dark color off the tube! But it looks nice applied on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Kmmyp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel! Yep, that's the normal reaction. I showed this to my friend today and she said it looks so dark in the tube, but it gives off a nice berry color once applied.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been a user too! :) It did work for me but with a nasty reaction in my underarm. Still, it's worth it :) Last October I bought a lot from Mercury Drugstore and brought it with me here in Macau.

    ReplyDelete
  12. when will it have its stock again? :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bianca! This particular share is out of stock right and we'll be restocked next year. Glamourbox has new shades of the Tinted Brilliance Balm, try Rosy Red (could be a dupe of Clinique's Mightiest Maraschino), Magnetic Mauve, and Radiant Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It says in your article that you have to apply it at night. In the morning, can I still use other antiperspirants?

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi.. do you still use deodorant everyday when using driclor?

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello jenny naka buy ako sa WATSON dito sa may amin sa sm fairview and tama kayo guyz effective siya pinaka probs ko talaga pawisin kili kili ko lalo na pag t-shirt na mejo fit lalo na pag my kulay nakakahiya pag nsa labas lalo na pag mejo mainit and now summer pa at thnx talaga..... kc dina ako nahihiya mag suot ng mga fit now hehehe sa watson naka buy aq thnx to all

    ReplyDelete
  17. saan po ba nakakabili ng driclor? at magkano po? Ms. Kira? wla kse sa mercury drugs e :( my nabibili dn po ba nito online pahelp nmn po?

    ReplyDelete
  18. and, effective ba tlga to/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just bought at Mercury Drug Trinoma. They have a lot of the small ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sobrang effective ng Driclor saken, ilang friends ko nadin yung nagsabing "life changing" nung tinuro ko sakanila yun. Akala ko dati ako na yung pinaka malas na tao, yun pala andami din meron problema sa excessive sweating. Kung gusto nyo makabili ng Driclor dito sa philippines go here: http://driclorphilippines.blogspot.com/2014/07/buy-driclor-philippines.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bought it and it really works for me, badly, I need to apply Driclor once a week because i have a serious problem about hyperhidrosis. I bought it in Watsons for only P415.00 pesos only. And I think Mercury Drug Store have it too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes. But just make sure that you clean your underarm very well before using deodorants

    ReplyDelete
  23. ako po bibilin ko na yung dalaea magkano po yun?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kent De Jesüs XDMay 18, 2015 at 2:03 AM

    Hello po Kira. :) uhm... Actually nakakahiya man sbhin pero madalas po kasing nagpapawis yung palms, feet, and face ko po. Effective po ba talaga yan? Nkkhya n po kc eh. Sa mga friends ko eh... Di ako maka-apir sa kanila minsan kc un nga lagi syang pawis. And ang daling mangalawang ng strings ng guitar ko... Dahl sa pawisin kong kamay... Mga ilang days or weeks po b, bago ko po makita yung results page gumamit po ako?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi...saan kaya ako makakabili ngaun ng driclor? Dto pinas..pls help me...tnx

    ReplyDelete