Friday, October 11, 2013

Love's first bloom: Creed Fleurs de Gardenia

The House of Creed is a Paris-based perfume house established in 1760 and is one of the oldest family owned businesses in the world. A little research and I discovered that Creed has commissioned fragrances for royalty, celebrities, even political leaders and legendary businessmen. For example, Spring Flower was made as a signature scent for Audrey Hepburn, Prince Rainier of Monaco commissioned Fleurissimo (a classic floral bouquet) for Princess Grace Kelly on their wedding day, while Tabarome was favored by Sir Winston Churchill and President John F. Kennedy wore Creed's Vetiver (source). Some of  these commissioned fragrances are still sold today. 

The latest offering from this prestigious perfume house is Fleurs de Gardenia, which was created by sixth-generation master perfumer, Olivier Creed, alongside his son, Erwin Creed. 

Sixth-generation master perfumer Olivier CREED looks beyond our times to revive innocence and the first bloom of love with new Fleurs de Gardenia fragrance for women. In the French country workshop where his son, Erwin, works alongside him, Mr. CREED blends First Love gardenias, which grow only in pairs, to rewrite romance the way we first felt it: a pure, gentle, dreamlike reality of fluttering hearts and soaring spirits. Double Blush roses, lavender peonies and other gems chosen by the young generation of the House of CREED become the master perfumer’s portrait of how love was…and can be again.
Top notes: galbanum, blackcurrant buds and pink pepper 
Heart notes: gardenia, oriental peony, rose and lily of the valley
 
Base notes: cedar and patchouli
Encased in the signature hand-blown Creed decanter, Fleurs de Gardenia features a blushing light purple bottle that is distinctly feminine and romantic. There have been many interpretations of gardenia as a perfume (it's a scent that's pretty difficult to render), but the most fragrant and refined, I would have to say, is Creed's version. It's soft, beautiful, never heady. I spritzed this on my arm and immediately got hints of peony, patchouli, lily of the valley, even musk, but all are perfectly well-balanced. It's the perfect fragrance for those special moments with your significant other. I would't mind receiving this on Valentine's day :)

What's the most luxurious perfume you've ever tried? 
Share them with me in the comments!


Creed is exclusively available at Rustan's Department Stores. 

1 Comments:

  1. jakieandthebeadstalkOctober 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

    I'm jologs, so I don't exactly know what luxurious means. Pero I love my mom's Champs Elysees (Guerlain). I think it
    s luxurious na for me. I'm a Nenuco kind-a-girl kasi, so I'm not much of a perfume person. I also feel na luxurious din yung Beyonce's Heat...

    ReplyDelete