Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: K-palette Zero Teka Oil Control Matte Powder SPF15 PA++


Now this is why I love scouring SASA and Bonjour, I find a lot of cheap and interesting cosmetics. Take for example, the 0Teka Mat Powder from K Palette. I saw this while shopping last June and was instantly drawn to the "mat" label. Anything mattifying [in powder form] that will help absorb my oilies and I'm sold (FYI, my skin reacts badly to silicone primers). And yes, the little pug design on the corner also influenced me to buy. Pugs are cute! :D

K-palette Zero Teka Oil Control Matte Powder SPF15 PA++ is designed to prevent grease slicks. It gives you a matte, porcelain-like complexion. It also prevents your face from producing excess oil. It includes Hyaluronic acid, Ceramides and collagen. 
Hyaluronic Acid is essential for our skin. It's what keeps the collagen in our skin hydrated and maintaining the structural shape. Without hyaluronic Acid our skin would be dry and collagen would lose it's elasticity. Hyaluronic Acid plays an important role in our skin's ability to stay youthful. As we get older, our skin will start to lose the ability to keep hydrated and hold on to moisture. This creates wrinkles and sagginess. While collagen firms skin, it's not effective without Hyaluronic Acid. 
Price: USD 15.20 (approx. P660~)
Ingredients: talc, mica, Isonan isotridecyl, methoxy cinnamic acid Echiruhekishisu, zinc stearate, (vinyl dimethicone / methicone silsesquioxane) cross polymer, silica, polymethyl methacrylate, octyl dodecanol, octocrylene, myristic acid, oyster tannin, hyaluronic acid Na, succinyl atelocollagen, ceramide 3, ceramide 2, ceramide 6II, isostearic acid phytosteryl, penta stearic acid polyglyceryl -10, behenyl, stearoyl lactic acid Na, lactic acid Na, lactic acid, phosphoric acid K, phosphoric acid 2Na, water, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben (+ / -), titanium oxide, iron oxide, zinc oxide, zirconium oxide, hydroxide AI, methicone, dimethicone, (dimethicone / methicone) copolymer

The K-palette Zero Teka Oil Control Matte Powder is small and comes in only one shade (Natural Beige). It's supposed to offer a veil of color so it can be used as is over moisturizer or as a finishing powder. I prefer to the latter and use it over my VMV Skin Savvy SPF 60. You can use it over BB Cream to seal and set the makeup. It helps blur pores, too.


Oil control
The oil control is rather decent, 2-3 hours before I oil up but there's a slight sheen already by the second hour. On days I use this, I use up less blotting paper.

Coverage
The shade is translucent enough to work with ladies who have fair-light skin tones, you may use a brush to apply a thin layer if you are a medium. The powder can also camouflage a little bit of redness, but can't entirely cover spots and acne marks (it's not meant to be a foundation, anyway). I find that the Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover has more skin-softening properties though.

PS: I love that K-palette's version has SPF 15 :)

Will I repurchase?
I'm on the fence about it as I am satisfied with my Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover. If the compact was bigger then I'd consider it, I find it too small for my liking. 

What do you think? Is this something you'd be interested in?

5 Comments:

  1. oh, i don't think this is enough for me. i would like something that would last me at least up to 4-5 hours before my oilies start acting up... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Issa! I guess it depends on your skin? I've read some blogs who said that they oiled up after 4 hours. I am not a fan of the size lang, too small :(


    There's another oil control powder that I hope to review soon, it's from HolikaHolika :) Will let you know how it fares. In the meantime, which oil control product do you swear by? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dry skin so I try to stay away from oil control powders. However, the PUG is really speaking to my SOOOOUL. I <3 dogs :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. In hindsight, I think it was the pug that sealed the deal. Haha. It's so cute <3 *shallow*

    ReplyDelete
  5. jakieandthebeadstalkSeptember 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

    oh men, ang mahal!

    ReplyDelete