Sunday, September 29, 2013

Eyebrow Enhancers: Pencils + Brow Mascara

This weekend, I started reading two new ebooks, had dinner in Yabu with good friends, nursed an allergic reaction (owie!), and ended up watching Sinister on my laptop. How about you? Was your weekend more epic than mine? :D

Anyway, here's a quick post on my favorite brow products. I haven't been to Browhaus as of late, so I've  been doing all the grooming myself, thankyouverymuch. These are my top 3 brow I-can't-live-withouts:


Etude House Color My Brows #2 (Php 228 - got it on sale)
A light brown brow mascara with an overspray of gold shimmer. I wouldn't call this a brow gel because it is really pigmented.

An eyebrow pencil in the perfect light brown shade. I really am in love with this light color, plus the price is really hard to beat!

A uniquely shaped eye brow pencil that contains natural ingredients to strengthen and nourish brows. The triangular tip really makes shading and defining a breeze. 

I mentioned in my previous Empro review that the Blonde shade wasn't still a perfect match to my lighter hair color, so what I do is mix it with my Holika Holika Wonder Drawing 24H Auto Eyebrow. I finally finish it off with the Etude House Color My Brows to keep hairs in place and to add more depth to my brows. 

Etude House Color My Brows #2 swatch
Holika Holika 24H Auto Eyebrow vs Empro Triangular Pencil in Blond swatches
Shaped and defined using the Holika Holika and Empro eyebrow pencils

The photo above was taken in indoor lighting so you can see the gold specks. The shimmer is not at all intimidating and is only visible up close, plus (good news for ladies with oily skin), they don't migrate. The brow mascara lasts all day, too!

I've always known that brow mascara is a non-negotiable when its comes to grooming, but I never really understood its importance until I tried it myself. Apart from keeping unruly strands in place, brow mascaras are a great way to temporary lighten brows -- a necessary step if you want your brows to seamlessly match your head of hair.

I also heard that the Etude House Color My Brows #2 could be a good dupe for MAC Boy Girl. I've never used the latter, but judging from the color, Etude's version seems way lighter.

What are your favorite brow products? 
Share them with me in the comments :)

2 Comments:

  1. So sad! I'd love to use more stuff on my brows (esp. brow mascara) but my superfine, baldy brows just can't handle much of anything. boohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Cooper parin over Etude House, but they serve different purposes for me. Mas subtle yung Etude House, so it's okay if you're drawing with a medium brown pencil. I have a lighter hair color now so James Cooper is perfect because it's a more obvious color, too.

    ReplyDelete