Friday, September 27, 2013

Now Open: Creations by Lourd Ramos Salon in One Archers Place

It's been 2 years since I first set foot into Lourd's Salon, back then his first branch was in Glorietta 5 which (at that time) I'd set out to visit regularly. On some days, I'd have a hair treatment, one some days I just pass by and say hi.

Anyway, since our first meeting where I interviewed him for my POC article, I've recommended Lourd to numerous friends and family members. Lourd always gives personalized service, and will always make you  feel like you're his #1 client once you enter his salon. My sister even swears by his treatments, most especially his prowess at rebonding -- she always gets silky hair, without the fake "stick-straight" look.

Lourd has since branched out and opened 3 more salons at Greenfield, Eton, and One Archers Place. I woke up early today (earlier than most days, anyway) and visited the branch in One Archers Place which is located along Taft Avenue. Okay, I haven't been to Taft in months (save for the time when I took short courses, but then again that was in DLS-CSB SPaCE) and I was amazed at the establishments and residences in the area. During my time (and this was a long, long time ago), I would eat in Pupung, Kenny Rogers, or in UM. Now, Taft Avenue is sprawling with restaurants, spas, salons, you name it!

One of the more recent structures is One Archers Place where you'll find Creations Salon neatly tucked on the second floor. Today was their formal launch and I was excited to check out the place and, of course, see Lourd.


The interiors are very similar to all Creations branches, and I instantly felt welcomed by the staff and the owners. As it was, Lourd was still on his way back from Kuala Lumpur for a Tresemme event.


The salon was bustling with activity! I was immediately offered a seat and a Davines Vegetarian Miracle Conditioner. Why not, I thought to myself. My hair was in dire need of a treatment, it's been almost a year!

My hair was washed, prepped and the cooling treatment was applied. It contains acai oil, passiflora oil, rice oil, and grape phytoceuticals to protect and condition hair. For optimum results, it's supposed to be left on the hair and covered with a shower cap (or plastic wrap) for at least 10 minutes.


Good thing I brought my iPad with me and I continued to read my current book of choice, "What the Dog Saw & other adventures." And then, some sort of miracle happened:


Multi-awarded fashion designer, Ivarluski Aseron, sat beside me and actually talked to me!

*Kira hyperventilates*

We talked about food, fashion, and of course, his new business venture, Creations Salon, which is co-owned by Ivar (yes, we're close) and his brother, Dr. Riel Aseron. He was exactly how I imagined him to be: soft spoken, and very prim and proper. He has this sort of mysterious but intriguing aura, and I was really glad he took the time to speak to me *fangirling*



Finally after 30 minutes, my hair was rinsed out and then I got a trim from senior hair stylist, JR. I remember him from the Glorietta days of Creations.


Ta-daaah! Half an inch shorter and it makes all the difference! My hair is more bouncy and my dry ends are gone. 

with Lourd Ramos
Dr. Riel, Lourd and Ivarluski
As always, I left the salon with a skip in my step and a big smile on my face! Their services are reasonably priced for students and professionals. Additionally, Creations only uses top notch products namely, Davines, TIGI BedHead and CYNOS.

Congratulations again to Ivar and Dr. Riel! Thank you for inviting me over :)

For more info, contact Creations Salon (One Archers Place) at 0917 833 5896
Unit 23 Green Podium One Archers Place Taft Avenue, Cor. Castro and Fidela A. Reyes Sts. Manila

2 Comments:

  1. They made your curls look so luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, @Beauty by Tellie ! How are you? :)

    ReplyDelete