Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cool down with Snake Brand Prickly Heat Cooling Powder

I feel so blessed that all the products sent my way are items that I can actually use on a daily basis. Sure, I enjoy receiving makeup (who doesn't!), but skin, hair, and bath & body products are the ones that really leave an imprint. If a product is good enough that I use it on a regular basis without fail, and I even repurchase (or hoard) once I run out, then that PR product has served its purpose.

Anyway, I needed to replenish my bathroom items so I peeked into my SM Beauty Box and picked out a few things. I got the Skinklëns Gentle Cleanser and Snake Brand Prickly Heat Cooling Powder, I first heard about the latter from Sandy of The Reading Room. 

Snake Brand Prickly Heat powder, developed over 60 years ago, is the original cooling powder, refreshing and soothing powder which is effective in relieving itching, prick heat rash and skin irritation from hot weather. With its fresh scent of natural essential oil, it is perfect for daily family use. Its unique metal package can keep its coolness and natural fragrance fresh for a long time.
Active Herbal: This refreshing energizing powder combines the benefits of several oils from orange and lime, plus extracts from green tea and rosemary which are good for skin hygiene.  
This is a famous product from The British Dispensary in Thailand and it comes in 4 variants: Lavender, Active Herbal, Anti-Bacteria and Pink. I have yet to sniff the other variants as they're vacuum sealed upon purchase, but the one I have (Active Herbal) dries down with a rather strong eucalyptus/mentholated scent.

With the crazy weather we're having now (one minute it's raining buckets, the next minute it's crazy hot), a cooling powder is something I really appreciate. The Snake Brand Prickly Heat Cooling Powder's cooling properties start kicking in once it detects perspiration, it's pretty cool actually (pardon the pun, haha). The scent is too strong for me though, but I'd gladly check out the other variants once I run out.

Have you tried this product? If you've tried the other variants, let me know which one smells the best. The Snake Brand Prickly Heat Cooling Powder is exclusively available in Watsons. 

10 Comments:

  1. Do these kinds of things work on stinky feet? Or is there a different product for that? 'Cause I think Fissan works for both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Milcu for the feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jakieandthebeadstalkSeptember 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM

    I haven't tried this yet. I have to recommend this to my friend who's got prickly heat on her neckline. She's scratching like crazy! How much is this again? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ i love how strong this cooling powder is, compared to the johnson's one (which is more for kids really, but i like the scent better) ! although i'm not really fond of the scent too (parang ang dami mong nilagay na efficasent oil, hehe!), i find it so refreshing to pour it down my back after i shower at night - ang sarap matulog! i think the original scent's a lot better (and comes in a bigger size). this one's a bit more expensive (by a few pesoses) and smaller. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Millicent! Which one is the original scent, the red one? I hope Watsons provides testers for all because I want to be able to choose which scent is best for me. The "Active Herbal" (the one I have) is medyo too strong nga :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep Kira, its the one with the red roses, that's the classic one :D i dont think meron plastic cover ung bottle, so you can smell 'em all, hehe! ... but that is if my memory serves me right :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, I'll check it out. The ones on display at Watsons/SM Stores are vacuum-sealed so I am unable to sniff them :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ate Kira, is this advisable for pregnant women? I want to buy one for my friend kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bhelle! I'm not an expert, but body powders should be okay for pregnant women unless your friend has certain sensitivities to the scent or ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete