Monday, August 19, 2013

Fruitful on the Youth Front: The new Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant Range

Following the steps of their previous releases: the Pure Beauty Super Brightening RangePure Beauty Youth Restore Black Pearl Range, and my forever HG conditioner the Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner, Watsons recently launched its newest range of beauty products inspired by the healing and regenerative properties of plant extracts.

Night Cream, Serum, Toner, 2-in-1 Cleanser and Exfoliating Gel
The aptly named Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant line contains antioxidising Swiss Radicare, plus active natural and EcoCert ingredients and impressively does not contain parabens, lanolin or alcohol. The new Pure Beauty line promises to improve skin and give it a vibrant, healthy look, even halting the aging process in its tracks.


I received 5 out of the 9 products included in the line:

Night Cream

This cream works overnight while you sleep to diminish signs of aging so that you wake up with a visibly younger-looking and more radiant skin. It also helps to nourish, hydrate and revitalise skin for improved skin texture, clarity and appearance.

Antioxidant Serum

Enriched with Swiss Radicare™, a powerful natural antioxidant that defenses against damaging free radicals and delivers significant anti-aging effect. This serum moisturises, detoxifies and stimulates skin restoration, leaving you a youthful, radiant glow and flawless complexion.

Antioxidant Toner

Enriched with Bulgarian Rose Water, this toner soothes, moisturises, softens and visibly reduces fatigue and skin dullness. It instantly energises your skin, leaving a radiant and healthy complexion.

2-in-1 Foam Cleanser

With red beads infused with Vitamin E that moisturise and nourish your skin. This potent cleanser functions as both daily cleanser and purifying mask, removing pore-clogging impurities and detoxifying irritants, while purifying and nourishing your skin, leaving it calm, supple and refreshed.

Exfoliating Gel

Provides powerful yet sensitive exfoliation that smoothens, revives and brightens your skin by removing dead cells, sebum and impurities. This exfoliating gel contains Japanese Elm Root Extract, which improves skin tone and deeply moisturises for a softer feel.


If there's one product I'd recommend, it's the Antioxidant Serum. Light and gel-like in texture, it's a good moisturizer for combination/oily skin -- keeps skin moderately soft and supple and I don't wake up with yucky, overly oily skin in the morning. I only use this at night, by the way.

If you're looking at kick starting your anti-aging routine, try the Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant line from Watsons. I plan to check out the Eye Gel and Eye Mask soon.

For more information, visit the Watsons Philippines Fanpage

7 Comments:

  1. Ooh, I used to have the 2-in-1 foam cleanser. I'm actually looking for a new moisturizer now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea, they have a lightweight day lotion with SPF 20 PA++, you might want to give that a try :) The line is mildly scented btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. I'm trying to avoid moisturizers with SPF kasi I don't want their ingredients to mess up with my BB cream's. I've read in Musical Houses that some ingredients can negate each other daw eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that case, I recommend Celeteque's Water Based Moisturizer (gel), cheap and very lightweight. I use that under my VMV Skin Savvy SPF 60 foundation/sunscreen :) Is your skin a little oily like mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! Especially on the t-zone. Sige, I'll look for that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kira! I am intrigued by this line ever since I've seen it around Watsons. I am looking for their eye creams as I've yet to find my HG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I think you should give the eye cream a try! I into eye creams as well (I use drugstore to high end brands) and if ever I get the chance to review the Pure Beauty Antioxidant Eye Cream, I'll let you know :) Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete