Friday, July 26, 2013

Peppermint bliss: Human Nature Pure Strength Black Diamond Cleansing Bar

Natural products are usually a hit or miss for me, but one product that I'm gushing about lately is the Human Nature Pure Strength Black Diamond Cleansing Bar. It's been around for a year, but I only mustered up the courage to try it 2 months ago. I was purchasing the Tough Love 100% Natural Liquid Detergent online when I decided to throw in some peppermint soaps as well. The soaps are marketed towards the male population but the word "peppermint" on the label piqued my curiosity.

No triclocarban. No synthetic fragrances. No parabens. No EDTA. No sulfates. 100% No harmful chemicals. 
The Pure Strength Black Diamond Cleansing Bar contains deep-cleansing bamboo carbon known in East Asia as the “black diamond” for its powerful beneficial properties. It’s charged with all-natural premium powerful ingredients and none of the compromising chemicals. So staying clean and looking good goes beyond good grooming. It’s good stewardship.
Price: Php 79.75/120g 
I won't dilly-dally, I love the Pure Strength Black Diamond Cleansing Bar! It lathers very well for an all-natural product, leaves me squeaky clean yet my skin doesn't feel dry or taut. The peppermint scent is so refreshing that I look forward to using this in the shower every morning and evening.

Its black color is attributed to the bamboo charcoal (or carbon, same thing) ingredient which helps clean and detoxify skin. This ingredient is also a known acne treatment, though this soap does not claim to be one.


It's a hardy soap but it's a rather small bar (120g) that may last about 3 weeks on average (when used twice a day, everyday). Place this in a dry soap dish to prevent it from melting. I also didn't experience any cooling feeling, as commented by other users.

Still, I love this soap and I just hoarded 7 pieces last week! I use this on my body, though, but some have reported that it helped clear up their facial pimples and bacne.

What do you guys think? Is this something you want try soon? :)

10 Comments:

  1. I love HHN as a brand! This one is a little frightening though, I've never used any black soap yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becomingsleek! I believe it's black because of the bamboo charcoal bits? Though the charcoal ingredient is so fine and you won't feel anything naman. Nothing to be scared of, it's very gentle :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi, Leilani! Try it out, the peppermint scent is very refreshing and addicting (in a good way) :D

      Delete
  3. I loved the scent. I actually use the facial wash and it's the best facial wash [for me] in HN's line. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try that out next :) Currently loving the Nourishing Facial Wash though. But I'm willing to try the Pure Strength Facial Wash if only for the peppermint scent. I'm still bummed out HN discontinued the Aloe Vera & Guava Facial Wash, I really loved that :(

      Delete
  4. We've finished about 3 bars of this and I love it. Still gets used up faster than commercial soap but I'm happy it doesn't turn into mush.

    You'll only experience the cooling effect when you leave it on longer. But that could be drying if done every day. I just love that it smells fresh and cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, it is rather hardy for a natural soap! Wish it was actually more cooling though, and the scent is just perfect for peppermint lovers. I should write about my favorite peppermint products one of these days :)

      Delete
  5. the packaging looks like it's a guy's product. love peppermint on anything. may peppermint perfume ba? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jaja! It's supposedly a men's product, haha. But it works for both men and women naman :D I agree, may peppermint perfume ba? I would like that as well :D

      Delete