Sunday, July 14, 2013

Gentle Makeup Remover: Mustela PhysiObébé No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid

So sorry for the major lack of posts. My days have been filled with work and school, plus part-time work. It's crazy, I know! And I'm due for another vacation soon which I'm so excited about -- one more domestic trip plus two more regional trips and you can officially call me a happy camper. What about you, what have you been busy with lately?

Anyway here's a major gem from the Bridal Bliss Glamourbox, the Mustela PhysiObébé No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid. Although I do basically know what the boxes contain before we send them out to subscribers (I work for Glamourbox, FYI), I only test out the products when they are actually revealed on the site. Sometimes, I do have high EQ, thankyouverymuch. This intriguing Mustela product was one of the items I was so excited to try. Got insensitive or intolerant skin? Then read on!

Ultra gentle no-rinse cleansing water for face and diaper area 
  • In a single step, effectively cleanses all impurities, even stubborn ones (water-resistant diaper creams, for example)
  • Respects delicate skin thanks to its high skin and eye tolerance
  • Softens, smoothens and moisturises especially due to Aloe Vera and allantoin
  • Alcohol-free, soap-free, neutral pH
  • High skin and eye tolerance
Price: Php 690/300ml
Okay, everyone (including people in the office) are starting to adopt the French "no water cleansing" routine. I honestly haven't gone around to trying it yet, but hey, the Mustela PhysiObébé No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid could be the start of a good thing, yes?

Ingredients: Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Sucrose Laurate, Allantoin, Fragrance, Tartaric Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sucrose Dilaurate, Sucrose Trilaurate, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf/Root Extract

Specifically made for babies and adults with sensitive or intolerant skin, the Mustela PhysiObébé No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid does not contain pthalates, parbanes or sulfates. It does contain parfum (fragrance), so for those who are hypersensitive you may want to do a patch test first. The scent itself, mind you, will remind you of sweet-smelling babies. I kid you not, after each application I can't stop smelling my hands. It really does smell so light and fresh!


So how does it fare as a gentle makeup remover? It actually does an exceptional job! No stinging, irritations, breakouts or allergic reactions whatsoever, and it single-handedly removed my light day makeup comprised of liquid foundation, powder foundation, and eye brow pencil. The photo above shows all the gunk (makeup, pollution, dust and other nasty stuff included), yuck. The good part is, I only had to use a small amount to clean my whole face. FYI, it has a watery texture that feels light and leaves skin refreshed.

But because I have really sensitive skin, I have some apprehensions about leaving it on and disrupting my facial routine. I've been experiencing good skin as of late, so unfortunately, I still wash it off and cleanse my skin with the usual water and mild cleanser. Sorry guys, I really have to be honest here, I'm still mustering the strength to leave it on overnight and totally eliminate the use of water. I'll get there, don't worry :)

I would like to add that the generous 50ml sample size is perfect for travel, and is easily refillable. I would definitely purchase a full-size bottle once I run out.

Have you tried this from your Bridal Bliss Glamourbox? Let me know if you love it as much as I do!

For more information, visit www.mustela.ph.

Disclosure: I work as the Business Development Officer of Glamourbox. The Mustela PhysiObébé No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid  was part of the Bridal Bliss box which was given to me for PR purposes, this is not a sponsored post.

4 Comments:

  1. ME TOO! i still have issues leaving no-rinse-needed products on my face.. cos i still get this urge to rinse it off after with water and my facial wash. HAHA! but yeah, baby steps! anyway, would love to try this too.. keeping this in mind :)

    -Dress Me Up Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hazel! The bane of having sensitive skin is I tend to be too cautious about the products I use on my face. Hope you get to try Physiobebe, it's pretty good as a gentle makeup remove. Smells so refreshing, too :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kira! I'm very adventurous with skincare but I used to dislike no-rinse products too. I transitioned by wiping no-rinse cleansers off with a damp cleansing sponge (try the Nippon sponge in the Bridal Bliss box) rather than just cotton. It's a great step toward going water-free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good for you, Tellie! My skin even reacts badly to Kiehl's :( Hey, thanks for the reco, will definitely try it with the sponge next time. At least I can lessen my cotton consumption :D

      Delete