Saturday, June 15, 2013

Poll: Signature lip color or signature fragrance?

I was going through my Twitter feed this morning and saw this tweet about how important it is to have a signature lipstick rather than a signature fragrance. Having studied in Catholic schools all my life (with a uniform to boot!), we were only allowed to wear makeup in college. I'd sneak in a tinted lip balm during my high school days, but admittedly I really wasn't kikay back then. I've had not-so-good skin growing up, it was always oily and hypersensitive and I was always on the look out for water-based moisturizers and sunscreen. You could say, sunscreen was my luho.


That sort of explains why til now, I don't really have a signature lipstick or a signature fragrance. I am so focused on skin care I don't have time for anything else. But if asked what my fave fragrance is, it would be Victoria's Secret Body Mist in Whispering Mist which was phased out in early 2000. In my opinion, it was the best fragrance they created thus far. I don't know why they discontinued it! Next in line would be Ptisenbon Tartine et Chocolat which is a very light and fresh baby fragrance.

A friend once asked me (this was way back in 2000), "I don't know why you keep buying perfumes. You should invest in clothes more." I quipped, "Well, when you wear a uniform everyday, you should at least smell better than everyone else." LOL.

As for my favorite lipstick, I'm hardpressed at just naming just one. But in terms of usage, I'd say it's the Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Pink Lolita which is a wearable bright pink. It's perfect because it gives my face a bright pop of color without being too flashy or too neon. Obviously, I still err on the conservative side when it comes to makeup.

So I guess, these are my "signature" products. What about you, have you found your signature lipstick and fragrance yet? Do you prefer having just one, or both?

10 Comments:

  1. I'd go with lip color :) I don't know. maybe because I'm not much of the perfume and scent side. I rarely put any perfume or cologne!
    <3
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your favorite lip color? Share! :D

      Delete
  2. I actually prefer having a signature fragrance (even if I don't have one yet) over a signature makeup "look/product".

    My schools were pretty conservative too and I only got to experiment with makeup in the latter years of highschool, during presentations/dances which admittedly, was a pretty fuckin bad time to experiment, because there would be lots of people, photos and videos. *cue cringe* Sends shivers down my spine whenever I look at them pictures....yikes. :))

    At least I learned that my friends/schoolmates remember me as someone who always smells good. *pats back* and not the "artistic" application of my makeup.

    xx,
    FMWL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Your comment made laugh! Yes, I do remember that they'd make us wear makeup during field days. And sometimes the said makeup would be too thick, too 80s (hello blue eyeshadow!) or just age-inappropriate. I laugh as I think about it now!

      Yes, like you, I would rather smell good :D

      Delete
  3. Can I just opt for my signature hairstyle? lol...

    I don't wear colorful lip products often. And I don't really wear perfumes --- they usually give me a headache unless they smell "natural" (lavender, ylang-ylang, etc..).

    But if I really need to choose just one, I'll go for signature scent. Something so intimate and personal that people who know me will still remember or recognize me even if they go blind lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds morbid, but yes it makes sense! :D

      Delete
  4. I usually "smell" people on the sly, haha! for me, I get to know people through their scents - and I can tell a lot about them, haha! also, smells for me leave lasting memories! *winks*

    I've always had a signature fragrance/perfume... mine would be l'eau par kenzo! my classmates in grad school would know if i'd pass by a corridor, coz the scent lingers on for hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, L'eau Par Kenzo brings back to many memories! I was so in love with it in college <3

      And yes, I "smell" people, too. And their scent helps me decide if I want to be friends with them or not. I tend to stay away from heavy and headache-inducing scents, as well as the people who wear them :P

      Delete
  5. wow it makes me smile when i encounter people who love givenchy's Ptisenbon Tartine et Chocolat! I was part of the marketing dept for this brand (and Kenzo) before :p it's one of the bestsellers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hazel! It really is my favorite scent, it's very light and refreshing. I'm on my 2nd bottle :) Where do you work now?

      Delete