Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New discovery: Hurraw! Mint Lip Balm

Another organic brand that caught my recently is Hurraw! Balm. I've been seeing it on Instagram a whole lot so I decided to order one from Rebecca of Cutieverse (the official local distributor of Hurraw!). Obviously, I love anything minty so I was instantly drawn to the Mint variant. 

Hurraw! is touted as the "finest, all natural, vegan, raw balm available" in the market. It uses only 100% vegan ingredients (no beeswax), contains no gluten, petroleum, parabens, artificial colors and flavors. Each balm is individually poured in their own facility, plus the formula itself is processed below 118F degrees to ensure that each tube maintains the essential nutrients and enzymes. To find out more about Hurraw's core ingredients, please click here

The awesome tingle and crisp, icy scent of our mint lip balm reminds us of those old peppermint patty commercials. We get our organic peppermint oil from Oregon's Willamette Valley. It's the best mint we've found and oh so unique! A long lasting minty treat for your lips! 
Ingredients: *Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ***Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla)wax, **Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, *Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, *Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf oil, Tocopherols (vitamin e) 
*cold pressed / organic **raw & organic ***wildcrafted  
Price: Php 250 (plus Php 90 shipping fee)
Off the bat, you'd notice that the balm shape is entirely different from what we've been accustomed to. It's rather oval and the "science" behind it is it is easier to slip into the back jeans pocket unlike the conventionally round ones.


Texture: 

Hurraw! Balms were formulated specifically to be "super smooth, not draggy, not sticky, not sweet, not too glossy, not too smelly, never grainy, long lasting". True enough, the formula was really smooth and non-sticky (not tacky or overly glossy). It feels rather luxurious to the lips and is slightly more emollient compared to my V&M Smooch Lip Butter Balm.

Degree of mintiness: 

As a self-confessed lover of mentholated or minty products, the Hurraw! Mint Balm falls short in this category. There is an initial minty sensation but this soon disappears after a while. It's not strong enough like the V&M Smooch Lip Butter Balm which is really cooling, which I guess is good if you want just a tingling sensation and not an overall mentholated feel. The mintiness is not as long-lasting as it claims to be in the description section, however, the icy scent is especially refreshing.


Moisturization:

It doesn't leave my lips coated or glossy, though I noticed that it dries rather easily. It is absorbed by the lips faster than most traditional balms and if you tend to drink or talk a lot during your shift then you will find yourself reapplying often.

During my morning routine, I apply this after brushing my teeth then go about my usual stuff -- get dressed, fix my hair, apply makeup, etc. and by the time I'm done my it has been absorbed and my lips are now prepped for lipstick. I don't like balms that take forever to set and those that are too glossy that my lipstick slides right off. My Hurraw! Balm is perfect for this kind of thing as it sets quite fast.


Oval-shape: 

Don't be deceived by its size as it does pack a whole lot of product, 4.3g to be exact. The oval shape is quite interesting as it is really shaped to fit most lips to make application a breeze.

Have you tried Hurraw! Lip Balms? They have a whole range of flavors from Lemon, Earl Grey, Black Cherry, etc., which ones are you more keen on trying? :)

To purchase your own Hurraw! Balm, please visit http://cutieverse.com/

12 Comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the brand but the packaging looks pretty cute! Thanks for sharing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Check out the whole line, they have a lot of interesting flavors :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot of reviews with that product and they say its good.. I'de like to try that product if I'm given a chance to. Especially now because I am having hard time exfoliating my lips, it dries and cracks easily..
    :)
    <3
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em! Hope you get to try this soon, let me know if it soothes your dry lips ;)

      Delete
  3. I have the Vanilla Bean variant of this and I love it! I want to order the Green tea one next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, Vanilla Bean sounds good, too! Might try that next! Wish the mint formula had SPF though.

      Delete
  4. Ohhh my gosh this looks really awesome! My big lips are gonna have a field day with that oval balm :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Lemme know which flavor you're getting :)

      Delete
  5. I bought this once then I left my shopping bag at a hawker center somewhere in Chinatown. End of story.

    I think I'll buy this again. I want to try a lip balm with SPF and Hurraw has one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you've never tried it? It's pretty okay :) The tea-flavored one is the most popular, or so I've heard.

      Delete