Sunday, June 16, 2013

A quick tour of Sephora in Singapore

I flew to Singapore last weekend and it was one of the most memorable vacations I've had. I bunked with my college friend for a few days (she filed for VLs as soon as she heard I was coming over) and we literally just went around without having an actual itinerary. I've been so used to travelling with my family with a set [military] schedule, so I made it a point that this time, we'd just go where our hearts would take us. It was such a thrill to travel alone, so many things happened but I'll save that for another blog entry.

On my first day, we went around Orchard Road to check out the Great Singapore Sale. I didn't go home with a whole lot of stuff, I am the type of person who shuns from sales because thick crowds aren't my thing. If I like something, I will buy it even if I have to pay full price. And yes, my close friends know that am kuripot (stingy) in real life, so flashing 70% off signs won't do much to get my attention.

Anyway, I want to give you a short tour of Sephora. Makeup and skin care junkies (Kira raises hand!) will go crazy here. All of the brands that we are oh-so familiar with in Manila (Benefit, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Stila, etc.) are housed in Sephora. There are also brands that I've been longing for like Soap & Glory, Bliss and Josie Maran, so I beelined for these first.


Sephora also has its own line of makeup and nail products. I was here for a loong while. They have cheaper versions of everything -- 8-hour mattifying foundations, mineral foundations, a color-changing lip balm (ala Smashbox O-Gloss), lipsticks and glosses in trendy colors, nail lacquers, plus a whole lot more. The foundations were around SGD$19~, very affordable indeed.


My frined, Tin, test-drives the foundation. She's a makeup newbie so she was overwhelmed with the selection.


And then I discovered Clarisonic and went bonkers! The starter set was selling for only SGD$170 and it came with one brush head for sensitive skin. I've heard so many people rave about Clarisonic, saying that it has dramatically improved their skin tone and lessened breakouts in general. Even socialite and PR professional Cel Gabriel-Lim, whom I interviewed for the Glamourblog, swears by this must-have product. I am now insanely curious about what Clarisonic can do for my skin. My friend from the US who has hypersensitive skin says it's a great investment and she's been using hers for years. Have you tried this?

the bristles are so soft!

I took several minutes in this area. I didn't buy it but I sure made a mental note of coming back for it the next time I visit Singapore.


I was serious about checking out Bliss, while my friend was serious about taking a photo of that cute guy to my right :D


I'm so glad that MAKE UP FOR EVER is still available here. I had a field day checking out their makeup. 


Aaaand, I couldn't leave without retouching my brows using their famous Aqua Brows. This product is known to stay put through hell and high water.


Alex says I talk too much and I talk to everyone. This is proof that I do, I like asking SAs a LOT of questions. I got a very nice SA/MUA that day, and he explained the Aqua Brow features very well. I think I could be a very good Mystery Shopper, wouldn't you agree?


Ta-daah! Well-defined brows thanks to MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Brows!

So, what happened to the cute guy? He was patiently waiting for his companion who was taking his/her sweet time shopping in Sephora. I don't know if he was with a girl or a boy, but sayang, we didn't bump into him again that day.

Have you been to Sephora? What are your favorite brands here? :)

3 Comments:

  1. You spotted a cute guy... in Singapore?!

    Wow, that's rare. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolz! He probably was a tourist! Too bad Tin and I were "shy" and didn't say hello. We regretted it though, we tried to look for him (also in Sephora) the next day! We are weird xD

      Delete
  2. Flooded ang make-up! You have a nice blog. I followed via GFC and Bloglovin.

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete