Saturday, April 6, 2013

My summer picks: What are yours?

Is it really how nowadays or what?! I'm the type of person whose t-zone perspires all the time due to the heat or change in temperature. So every so often I have to tweak my makeup routine to match the weather and end up "rediscovering" my old favorites.

So here's a short list of products that I've been using as of late. Feel free to add your own in the comments section.

1.  Clinique Derma White Bright-C Liquid Makeup with SPF 38 PA+++

I still had a bit of this left which I purchased on Feb of 2011 (see how economical I am, haha). The texture is very watery and easier to spread (compared to Skin Savvy's which is thicker and more cream-like), plus it gives a brighter but translucent natural finish. It has SPF bragging rights, too! To all the oily-skinned girls reading this, I would really recommend this as the formula is not heavy plus it nixes sweat and oil.


2. Z-Pore Instant Pore Refiner & V&M Mineral Primer


I'm not a huge fan of primers since my skin cannot tolerate too much silicones, but I decided to take these out for a spin in an effort to lessen my oiliness and make my foundation last longer. I reviewed Z-Pore by GoodSkinLabs on Liz's blog last year and I remembered how it came in a nude shade which instantly melted into my skin. The V&M Mineral Primer was a gift from the lovely girls of Venus & Mars, Jamie & Justin. 

Left: V&M Mineral Primer
Right: GoodSkinLabs Z-Pore
Bottomline, both can significantly lessen my oilies and my need to use blotting sheets on a daily basis, however, I think Z-Pore works the hardest. The thing is, if not for my skin sensitivities I would use them on a more regular basis but the silicones are starting to give me comedones and pimples. So, I can only use them on special occasions. What's your non-comedogenic/non-acnegenic primer of choice?

PS: GoodSkinLabs is sadly not available in the Philippines anymore :(

3. KJi & Co. Lip Staysss in Seductress

I conveniently discovered this during my first day at the office and after testing it, I decided to purchase one for only Php 410. It's a semi-permanent lip tint-slash-balm that goes on clear then transforms into a bright pink color.


It's really very handy and it does last through eating and drinking. The downside: wish it wasn't too greasy and had a mint taste or scent.

4. Ptisenbon Tartine et Chocolat


I keep cool in this infernal heat with my trusty Ptisenbon Tartine et Chocolat which reminds me of darling baby cologne. Definitely one of the best light EDTs I've tried, I'm already on my second bottle!

What are your summer favorites? Please share them with me below!

6 Comments:

  1. Oooh new products. Thanks for sharing!
    I will check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kmmyp! The only product that's new here is the KJi & Co. Lip Staysss which I discovered last week via Glamourbox :)

      Delete
  2. I need a catch-up session with you but end of April/early May pa ko pwede huhu :( I miss you! I'm having a hard time with my makeup these days too, I don't want to buy anything new so I've been watering down my bb creams with facial mists haha. I love your brows!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you naman! I am such a late bloomer in the brows department, so I really appreciate the nice comments!

      Miss you too! It's pretty crazy nga lang now because of the new job so end of April sounds good. I should be settled by then :D

      Delete
  3. KJi & Co. Lip Staysss is interesting! :D Love your brows din Kira!

    ReplyDelete