Sunday, April 28, 2013

How to replace your Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover refill

My Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover has hit pan. I was looking at it today and initially had no idea how to replace the powder. Usual compacts have a teeny tiny hole on the bottom where you can insert a pin to remove the pan. I started tinkering with it -- even tried using a knife to pry it open -- and I discovered how to remove it all by accident!

Let me share it with you below:


When you open the case, you'll find a little groove on the top. Insert your forefinger, press and pull the pan towards you....


... to separate it from the compact, like so.


Ta-daah! You've just removed the old pan! Now take the refill and just press it onto the empty compact until you hear a "click".


Your Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover is now as good as new! I've kept the old pan in my dresser because I still have a bit of powder left, and I bring this "new" compact with me in my bag everyday.

I must say, what a pretty ingenious way to secure and remove the pan. No need for pins or other sharp objects :)

1 Comments: