Sunday, April 7, 2013

Soothe & heal rashes with VMV's Red Better Flare Up Balm

If ever you're experiencing annoying rashes due to the 35 degree heat or because you love wearing jeans too much and are experiencing chafing, then I would highly recommend the VMV Red Better Flare Up Balm.

Two weeks ago I started getting these rashes on my posterior because I kept wearing jeans to work and I had to walk a good 20 minutes to get to the office. It was such a no-brainer, wearing pants to work and all, and my legs started to get these pesky rashes that were rather uncomfortable (I kept squirming in my seat :-/) from the denim rubbing against my thighs.

Red Better Flare-Up Balm contains:  
- Monolaurin, monocaprin + monocaprylate (coconut fatty-acid-derived anti-microbials): target demodex folluculorum, Helicobacter pyloris and other rosacea-triggering microbes. 
- Several anti-inflammatories: potassium azeloyl diglycinate (a gentler azelaic acid derivative which also reduces cathelicidins), monolaurin + antioxidants.- Sulfur: proven treatment for rosacea-related papules and pustules. 
All in a rich, deeply hydrating + soothing balm.  
Also ideal for irritations, inflammations, redness, bites, itching, rashes + microbial infections from allergic/irritant reactions; seborrheic dermatitis, rosacea, eczema, atopic/contact dermatitis + some other medically-managed conditions.
Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Neopetyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Laurate, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Phytate.
Price: Php 1,890
I remembered using my VMV Red Better Flare Up Balm as a cure for my dermatitis a while back (do I have sensitive skin or what?), so decided to apply this instead of having to purchase a separate cream. I got this last year as a gift from the VMV team, and I've been using this sporadically on facial irritations which are caused by makeup or product testings. 

So anyway, it says on the label to apply this 2x a day on the affected area which I did to a T. Since it was a balm it was rather oily and I kept it in the fridge to prevent the oils from seeping out. A smidgen goes a loooong way but I applied a pea-sized amount anyway. By the 2nd day with twice a day application I did notice a significant decrease on the itchiness of my rashes, my chafed skin was healing (no more pain) and by the 3rd day it was gone! Amazing, I tell ya, couldn't believe this little product could heal them right away! 

The only difference is that for dermatitis on my forehead, I only stick to once a day application (before bedtime) because I can't use this under makeup due to my combination skin. It's a little bit too tacky on the face, but overall I love this product and I will definitely repurchase when I run out. The price, yes, very expensive but am happy it does the job well. 

So now I take a break from wearing pants by donning my usual floral or chambray dresses to work. 

How do you deal with rashes, chafing or dermatitis? 
Any other product or homemade remedies I should try?

2 Comments:

  1. wow! thanks for sharing! I have eczema on the crease of my arm hoping this would work on me too ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Janet! Hope it works for you! :)

      Delete