Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

While packing for India, I was deciding on whether to bring the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel or the Mosbeau All-in-One Facial Cream; both can be used as a makeup base and night moisturizer and both are conveniently in gel form. In the end, I decided to bring the former as I anticipated that my skin would need a more "heavy duty" moisturizer (flying in an air-conditioned aircraft and trekking in the midday heat can do damage to skin after all).

This was a full-sized sample given by Neutrogena last year during one of their events, and it's a shame that I only began to use it recently.

The proprietary HYDRO BOOST™ technology combines Hyaluronic Acid and Olive Extracts and works like a virtual reservoir to continuously supply up to 400% more moisture to dry skin cells. It keeps skin softer and suppler with a lasting healthy glow for up to 24 hours. The water-based gel formula also feels light and refreshing on the skin, perfect for the Filipina amidst the country’s hot and humid weather. 
Price: Php 830
It was a great decision to take my Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel to India -- it worked as a great moisturizing makeup base for my VMV Skin Savvy SPF 60 and also as a non-clogging night cream. The product itself is bluish in color and spreads like a dream (it is transparent when applied to skin, FYI.) Oil control is pretty good, too, I still had to blot mid-day of course, but my oilies were considerably less compared to using a cream-type moisturizer. It really works well with Skin Savvy which is also oil-free.


Another plus: the gel form gives a cooling effect on the skin, it does not feel heavy or warm at all. I should know, my face perspires all the time. In the photo above I am using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel as my makeup base/moisturizer, topped with the VMV Skin Savvy, then MAC's Daddy's Little Girl on the lips.

Pour conclure, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel is a really great moisturizer for ladies with sensitive and oily skin. It didn't give me breakouts or allergic reactions, it's definitely a keeper. The light consistency is also perfect for tropical countries like ours.

Although some may not like the tub container for hygienic purposes, I am perfectly okay with it as I like scooping every last bit of product before I chuck it out. I also tend to slather it on, and my skin just "drinks" it up whilst leaving a somewhat matte and silky finish.

What's the difference between this and my favorite Mosbeau All-in-One Cream? Well both are in a watery gel form but the latter is a lot thinner in consistency and contains exfoliating/whitening ingredients. Both are great products and are fit for oily skin, it really just depends on your preference, skin needs and budget (Mosbeau is more expensive at Php 1,480).

Tip: Don't forget to top off your routine with sunscreen of SPF 30 and above everday. 

Have you tried the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel?
You can purchase your own via the Neutrogena online shop

1 Comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this review and also the price. I might consider buying one! <3 :)

    -Bianca (elixirofvixir)
    elixirofvixir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete