Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fever London

As most of my work involves staying in the office with the occasional meetings and events during and after work, my wardrobe has somewhat "evolved" to include pieces that I can conveniently wear from day to night without having to stress over dress and shoe pairings. Hence, dresses have become my default, fail-proof outfit of choice.

I was sifting through my clothes yesterday and noticed that all of my dresses featured A-line skirts and cinched, garterized waists. Perfect for camouflaging a full belly, I thought to myself. Yes, apart from giving the illusion of having a smaller waist and a flatter tummy (especially when worn with a belt), A-line dresses and tunics are more comfy. Perfect for twirling and wards off our summer heat, too.

I was searching for fashion inspirations online and chanced upon Fever Designs, a UK-based brand whose signature style is based on striking prints, interesting color palettes and feminine silhouettes. Ah, a brand after my own heart :) I was instantly drawn to the 50s-inspired dresses with, you guessed it, cinched waists, and full skirts.

I couldn't help myself and I started saving my favorites for posterity -- I hope I could purchase some of these lovely dresses in the future. 

Chevron Sweetheart Dress
Malene Dress
Santa Cruz Prom Dress

Bibi Dress
Dartmouth Dress
The Malene simple shift dress, with its contrasting fabrics and panels, would have to be my ultimate workwear dress. Ahh...I can imagine layering it over a 3/4 sleeved top for an edgy look, or pairing it with my Ferretti wedges as a very mod alternative. Yes, it's not the typical 50s style dress I would normally go for but  the small pockets are just darling.

You can browse for more vintage inspirations at http://www.feverdesigns.co.uk, let me know which are your favorites are okay?


This is a sponsored post.

4 Comments:

  1. That Chevron Sweetheart Dress is so perfect for summer or a garden-setting affair! Cute choices, Kira :)

    Love lots,
    Dress Me Up Buttercup


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel! I agree :)I love Fever London's dresses :D

      Delete
  2. Those are all very Kira dresses! I love the sortof nautical ones, hihi. I think it's a phase for me. :))

    Alex
    http://www.reluctantstylista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah very Kira indeed. Dapat may floral talaga ano? I really like the Malene dress *sigh*

      Delete