Monday, January 28, 2013

Avon Ultra Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick in Brilliant Ruby

Just when I thought I had *enough* lipsticks, my friend (hi Mara!) hands me Avon's Ultra Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick in Brilliant Ruby. Off the bat, the metallic pink case was pretty! And I couldn't wait to tear off the plastic and swatch it.

Your fave lipstick – now in a shimmering prismatic pearl* finish. Rich moisturizing color matched with shimmering prismatic pearls. 
*Prismatic pearls complement your skin’s undertones like the color was made just for you.

Regular price: Php 375

Upon swiping, Brilliant Ruby seemed like a cross between the Shu Uemura Lolishine and Lancome Juicy Rouge, both of which I've loved and hoarded back in the day. One swipe gives pigmented color yet with a watery, juicy finish. It feels very light on the lips as well!

My shade, Brilliant Ruby, is a bright strawberry red but is very wearable. I did a little research online and this line is said to contain Honey White Clover and Almond extracts plus multivitamins that help moisturize lips.

click to view the gorgeous iridescent shimmer
And oh the shimmer! I think I've declared several times to my friends (and to my darling sister) that blue iridescent shimmer is my Waterloo. It was the main thing I fell in love with when I first tried the Shu Uemura Lolishines, and I couldn't seem to find a lipstick that remotely resembled it until the Avon Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick in Brilliant Ruby came my way.


Because of my giddiness I took an initial swatch right away. The photo above shows my lips with just one light layer of the Avon Ultra Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick, and further "rubbed" down using the pad of my finger. If you're not a glitter lover, there's a lot of shimmer to contend with but they're not gritty or anything. The shimmer and a lovely red stain remains even after wiping off with a tissue.

The Avon Ultra Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick in Brilliant Ruby is easy to apply with its smooth formula, but  if you still can't live without your lip balm (I sure can't!) you may want to blot with a tissue before applying the lipstick. The light fruity scent is also something worth noting as it smells quite nice in the tube but disappears once it's applied on the lips. What do you guys think?

Have you tried the new Avon Ultra Color Rich Brilliance Lipstick? 
What's your favorite shade? 

5 Comments:

  1. Wow. I.Must.Buy. Love it. It's the kind of shade which is affordable that I want.Thanks for the review,Miss Kira. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried but it looks nice ah. Would love to give this a try soon, though. Thanks for sharing, Kira! Love the shimmers, actually! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to review the one I got din recently from Avon! But I'm having difficulty with my 30D, haha, I need a smaller camera to do FOTDs. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never have enough lipsticks :)

    ReplyDelete