Wednesday, December 12, 2012

VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Eye Serum

I always tell people that I grew up using VMV and this is more proof that I've seen the brand "evolve" and change packaging various times, not to mention the numerous price increments over the last decades (from Php 100+ for a lipstick back in the '90s to Php 1,050 today). Oh how time flies, 2012 is almost over.


Anyway, my favorite eye treatment of the moment is the VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Eye Serum (Php 1,880) which I got as a gift from the brand last year. The photo above shows how it used to look like and was formerly labelled as "Glykeros Eye and Lip Lift Contour Serum". I've long been using the old version (in silver tin pump), but I later moved on to other eye creams that needed to be reviewed and sort of forgot about VMV.

The new packaging definitely looks more clinical and is easier on the eyes. Sorry the label is torn as I've been bringing this with me on my travels and I usually tape my tolietries.


Instant, temporary tightening plus longer-term cellular renewal, anti-aging + antioxidant therapy. Firmer, less puffy, rejuvenated skin around/under eyes. Also for problem areas like the nasolabial area + skin around the lips.

Refirm: a soy-protein-derived polymer provides a mild, immediate, temporary tightening that subtly mimics the effects of some clinical injectables.

Revive: a powerful vasoactive, helps diminish under-eye puffiness + dark circles.

Renew: A gentle dose of unbuffered glycolic acid provides mild microdermabrasion appropriate for the thin-skinned area surrounding the eyes.

Regenerate: Kinetin growth factor promotes cell rejuvenation, causing skin cells to act younger. Proven to stimulate fibroblasts to produce more collagen + elastin. Kinetin is also a potent antioxidant.

Revitalize: with two more antioxidants - green tea + rice phytic acid (also an exfoliant). Minimizes the appearance / severity of fine lines, wrinkles + other signs of (photo) aging. Helps rejuvenate, retexturize + refirm skin, making it notably tauter, softer, smoother + more youthful in appearance + behavior.

Ingredients: Soy Protein Phthalate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Panthenol, Escin, Glycerin, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glyceryl Laurate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-25, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Caprate, Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Kinetin, Sodium Phytate, Carbomer.

What I like: 

  • de-puffs eyes like magic! I really love the fact that no matter how puyat I am the day before, I don't have those dreaded bags or puffy eyes
  • very potent -- a little goes a long way
  • firms the skin around the eyes
  • VH-75 rating from VMV (sans allergens/ parabens, pthalates and other nasty stuff)
  • hygienic pump packaging, dispenses just the right amount of product
  • dark container helps shield the contents from sunlight thus "preserving" the product
  • non-greasy, easily absorbed by the skin
  • did not cause any breakouts, allergies or milia (FYI, I am allergic to the Garnier Eye Roll-on and Eyeliplex-2)
  • readily available for purchase in malls or online

What I don't like:

  • very slight chemical smell from the soy ingredient
  • doesn't do much for dark circles
  • for people with really dry skin around the eyes, you might need something more emollient to smoothen and blur lines

Pour conclure

I've used this before and was very impressed with its de-puffing properties, and I'm glad that I "discovered" it again. It is expensive at Php 1,880 but since I only need to use a small amount, this bottle may even last me a full year! So not bad at all.


However, I did not notice any major changes to my fine lines which seem to appear whenever I squint or smile. They've been plaguing me for years and I think I need to use this product longer to hopefully see results. It also doesn't help that I sleep on my side or face down, tsk tsk.

Tip: Since the formulation does contain Glycolic Acid, don't forget to apply sunscreen around the eyes at all times. Also watch out for SALE announcements on VMV's Fanpage. I scored another bottle of the Re-Everything Eye Serum at 40% off last week:)

For more info on VMV Hypoallergenics, visit http://www.vmvhypoallergenics.ph/

5 Comments:

  1. Actually, the funky smell is due to the soy protein ingredient. But I don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I don't mind either :) Thanks for the input on the soy ingredient, Bien. Nice to meet a fellow VMV lover!

      Delete
  2. If it's good naman, okay lang ang 1880 (ouch). I've been looking for good eye serums nga din because I feel so wrinkly! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay sya, I really recommend it :) You're not wrinkly naman, na-imagine ko tuloy prune-ish. Hahaha!

      Delete
  3. This seems to be a good one for my eye bags..hopefully. :)

    ReplyDelete