Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Digiperm Partie Deux at Beauty Brick

Last November 16, I finally chopped off my long hair and had a second digiperm at Beauty Brick. For a rundown of my first digiperm hair story, please click here. Having it done at Beauty Brick was a no-brainer: they were the only salon able to successfully perm my hair plus the perm lasted quite a long time (almost a year) so in my opinion, it's really sulit.


If you're a first-timer, I would suggest avoiding the holidays at Beauty Brick. The main difference between last year and this year's salon visit? The place wasn't packed! Hallelujah! I had mine December of 2012 and the place was teeming with people, so much so that it can get stressful for those who are scared of crowded places.

I explained that I wanted my hair cut short again (shoulder length or longer) and I wanted the same curls I got last year. Silly me, I forgot to bring my old photo and I couldn't remember the size of the curlers used. After the usual consultation with Mr. Shin, he cut off my long hair and existing curls, gave me layers (as in he shaved off the bulky hair parts) and decided to use medium curlers. Mr. Shin said my hair was very healthy and he was impressed that my perm lasted this long (Kira pats herself on the back).

Time to whip out and attach the rollers:


Wheee! This is the fun part because I can read in peace while my curls set. Last year I forgot to bring a book so I almost died of boredom.


Okay this wasn't probably the most engaging book but this is what I had in my bag.


Time to blowdry my hair and bring out them spring-y curls! I noticed that Beauty Brick is very generous with the treaments, I had 2 treatments in between to ensure that the entire procedure won't dry out my hair. And since I'm a returning customer, they didn't have to remind me about maintenance (since I know this by heart already).

The staff shared though that my perm lasted longer than most because I have slightly wavy hair, the outcome would be different if my hair was stick straight. They warned me that perms done on the same section of hair everytime may decrease the quality of the curls over time, this is why I prefer cutting my hair first then having it permed to make sure that only the "virgin" hair is treated. I was also advised not to go crazy with hair treatments such as constant coloring as this also weakens the hair and my affect my future perms.

And yes folks, I still do not have a photo with Mr. Shin. I got shy -_-

My new perm (taken as soon as I got home):


I noticed that my hair is curlier now. As Alex put it, my hair was unusually more poufy than last year's. This photo was taken after 2 days (washed once with conditioner on the 2nd day):

taken at Cafe Med (click here for post)
A few weeks late the curls "relaxed" just a teeny tiny bit and transformed into nice spirals. It looked like this at last weekend's Bloggers United:

PS: I really love my floral dress from Debenhams :D
So yay! This is my second perm and I'm loving it! Thank you, Beauty Brick! And oh before I forget, also ask about their discounts for returning customers. I paid only Php 2,900 total for everything (perm + haircut + treatments), their usual rate is Php 3,300-3,500.

What do you guys think? Do you see a digiperm in your near future? :)


Beauty Brick is located at Unit 103 Doña Consolacion Bldg., 122 Jupiter St., Bel-Air, Makati.
Contact them via 4735108 and 09175200044.

12 Comments:

  1. waaah!!! gusto ko din niyan ang ganda ng digiperm mo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! Get a digiperm na :D

      Delete
  2. loved the curls! you look so pretty ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis! My oh my! You looked younger and prettier with your new do. Loving your curls. Where's Beauty Brick located? My digiperm looked limp na... I guess I need to redo my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thanks for visiting my blog :) You can visit Beauty Brick at Unit 103 Doña Consolacion Bldg., 122 Jupiter St., Bel-Air, Makati.

      Contact them via 4735108, 09175200044 :)

      Delete
  4. Your digiperm really looks good on you! Very natural!
    Can you also share how you shampoo and comb that? Would like sana to get digiperm but not really sure how I can manage it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I should write about that while I'm on vacation :D

      Delete
  5. Hi! Gaano po kahaba yung hair niyo bago pa perm?? okay na ba ang shoulder length hair to achieve curls live yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ang pretty sis!! inggit ako sobra! sana maging ganyan din result if magpa perm ako..haayss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I paid P3300, you get a discount on your succeeding visits :)

    ReplyDelete