Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Silka Seaview Hotel, Hongkong

Formerly called the Dorsett Hotel, the Silka Seaview Hotel is a newly renovated hotel along Shanghai Street, Kowloon. We stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights. The rooms were relatively small; they were okay for us petite girls but I imagine that foreigners and normal-sized people would find difficulty moving around.


One thing I noticed is that the hotel is very, very clean and orderly. The last hotel we stayed at in Bangkok had bigger rooms but the carpet was rather shabby.


My sister and I decided to bunk together, as we always do during trips abroad. The parentals were staying in the room next to us.

I really like this showerhead
my stuff! haha!
my skin care essentials :D
Breakfast is important to our family (especially for my Dad who can't function without having a proper breakfast first) so every day we enjoyed the in-house breakfast buffet on the 19th floor. Take note that some hotels don't offer this and will just give you a stub for outside breakfast (fastfood or restaurants outside the hotel), be sure to ask your travel agent to book you in a hotel that includes this service.


Their breakfast selection is simple, especially since it is a budget hotel. I'm not too picky though, just give me good coffee and toast in the morning and I'm happy! And ooh, I love chicken nuggets, too! :)


Silka Seaview offers free WIFI to guests. I heard complaints from some people that the internet was slow, but ours was pretty decent. We were still able to live tweet from our rooms, but it wasn't super fast that you can stream videos and download stuff.


Another good thing about Silka is it is located in the heart of Kowloon -- a mere few blocks (or 10 minutes) away from Nathan Road, Temple Street, the Yau Ma Tei MTR. Plus-- surprise, surprise! -- the night market was just behind our hotel! What joy, we were shopping for bargains til around 12mn :)


Overall we spent around Php13,000 per head for the 4 days and 3 nights (inclusive of hotel transfers, city tour and Disneyland).

Where do you stay in Hongkong? Any other hotel recommendations? :)

For more information on the Silka Hotels visit http://www.silkahotel.com/index.php

2 Comments: