Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Suede Ankle Boots

I've been secretly longing for ankle boots since 2009. I don't know why, I just think they look uber cute with floral dresses. Flashback to circa 1990s, I did sport those famous ankle boots with much gusto and paired them with long dresses (oh wow the memories, glad I don't have a photo for posterity!)


Anyway, I almost abandoned all hope of finding a decent pair (and totally forgot all about finding the right boots) when out of nowhere, we spotted a quaint shop called "Kay" along Nathan Road. I tried on some shoes, and boy were they big for me (I am a size 4). They did offer a lot of trendy pairs and we were too consumed with trying on the shoes that we lost track of time, we forgot the parents were patiently waiting outside for us.


Some shoes were on sale for HKD100+, while the newer styles were around HKD249+.

these are perfect for my friend who loves kitties!
I wasn't able to find anything that spoke to me (this is how I shop, I wait for things to "speak" to me before I decide) so we ventured elsewhere. On my last day however, fate brought me back to Nathan Road and to this exact store where we decided to try our luck again. And then (pause dramatically), I spotted this pair and tried them on:


They were perfect! There were 2 colors available but I chose tan because I think wearing black would "cut off" my legs and make me look short. My sister exclaimed, "Those are too cute! Perfect for Korea next year!" I let out a sheepish smile and then thought about how I can ever afford to go to Korea, haha.


I was so happy with my purchase that I was talked into paying for my sister's purchases! Gaaah, what have I gotten myself into hahaha. Our total purchases cost HKD 331! But we were too happy with the discount that we trooped out of the store giddy with delight.


When was the last time you finally found something you've been looking for all these years? Okay no emo answers ha, I'm referring to tangible items :)

Tsk, tsk. These aren't flattering at all!
Any other must-visit stores along Nathan Road (or anywhere in Hongkong) that you'd like to recommend? Spill the beans!

7 Comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you enjoyed your shopping adventure at Hongkong! Love the boots you've got Ms.Kira! Suits you well.
    Pretty Thrifty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! We scoured the night markets and the outlet stores more about that on my next post :) Thank you for visiting my blog, Jenny :)

      Delete
  2. wow, the pair you got is really gorgeous! bagay na bagay sayo Miss Kaira!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Issa! I'm glad I finally found boots that fit my teeny tiny feet :)

      Delete
  3. Simply superb………..marvelous….
    rosesandgifts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE them! 331 HKD comes up to only £27! I should be so lucky to get really nice, comfy boots at that price over here! Am now slightly green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so cheap, even when converted to PhP :) How are you? When you come here let's all hang out with O and the gang :D

      Delete