Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Fave Hand Cream: Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter

I've always been on the hunt for the best hand cream. The word "best", of course, is relative -- I need something that is emollient yet non-sticky or non-greasy, moisturizes my hands and cuticles well without feeling coated. Fragrance-free is preferred but I'll accept mildly scented ones, too.


Last year I received the Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter (middle, in tube) as a gift or a GWP (I really don't remember). It has been stashed for many months and I only unearthed it recently. Although not labelled as a hand cream, it does a good job of instantly moisturizing my hands and keeping them soft until my next wash.

The Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter is a rich cream (more creamy than body butter-y ala The Body Shop) that isn't greasy, it does leave a bit of a sheen but not the sort that leaves irritating fingerprints on your keyboard. I spend a good 20 seconds rubbing and massaging my hands to make sure it is absorbed well (I find that this 20-second routine also helps distract my mind and helps rest my hands a bit -- it's not too much of a bother really). And it has this almost buttery scent that is just comforting to the senses.

As you can see from the photo, I really need to purchase a replacement stat (I have this fear of running out all the time, hay). It's not available in the Philippines but I'm glad I spotted a small tub in Bonjour, Hong Kong (HKD 18) and the Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream in Duty Free in HK International Airport (HKD 180). So yes, I think I'm solved for the next year or so!

What's your favorite or HG hand cream? :)

1 Comments:

  1. My skin have a very hard, vegan products hallp my skin of takcare.

    ReplyDelete