Friday, September 7, 2012

Popeyes Singapore


One of the things you definitely shouldn't miss while in Singapore is Popeyes. Opened in 1972 by Alvin C. Copeland, Sr., it was initially named "Chicken on the Run" and served only Southern-fried chicken. After several months of lackluster performance, it was renamed to "Popeyes" and served the now popular spicy New Orleans-style chicken. A few years later, in 1983 specifically, their signature buttermilk cookies became a permanent and significant menu item. 

I don't know if you guys remember, but Popeyes opened in the Philippines a few years back and was situated in Robinsons Galleria. They did close down eventually though :(

Here are some photos of our quick lunch in Popeyes Singapore, before we rode on the Singapore Flyer. You can bet that this is my sister's favorite chicken place (just look at that face!):


We ordered the usual, the Bonafide Chicken, Biscuits and Popcorn Shrimp. Wish they had honey mustard tho, as I prefer this dip with my shrimps.


And I don't normally eat jam (I shun the stuff!) but they taste grrrreat with Popeyes' crisp biscuits!


Happy campers:


Do you like Popeyes, too? 
What is your favorite meal -- do you like it spicy or mild?

5 Comments:

  1. oh, i remeber this at robinson's galleria! of course, i like it spicy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they had one daw in Robinsons Midtown also. Sayang it didn't last long :( I like mine mild lang :D

      Delete
  2. I always frequented the one at Megamall before. Super affordable kasi.

    We went to that Popeyes branch too. Felt bad that we were unable to eat at the Singapore Food Trail though. Took pics na lang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it, I was eat their Cajun fired & fried chicken, but I really like their taste, it was really yummy. I have their some discount coupons also if anyone want to use it thn visit here.
    popeyescouponsprintable2012.net

    ReplyDelete