Sunday, September 2, 2012

Kasalang Tucay-Villavicencio: A Wedding That Melted My Heart

I don't normally enjoy going to weddings, but for my shrink, I had to make an exception. After all, he was there for me for the past 8 years (?). No matter what the problem (boy problems or work problems) he would always lend an ear and give sound advice. I feel so lucky to be his friend.


Last Saturday (after my JuRo makeover which I shall blog about soon), I headed to Camp Crame and witnessed my friend, Tony, marry the love of his life, Paola.


Okay, I won't get sappy on you because my 6-year relationship just ended (TMI!) but the reception itself was so....REAL. I felt the love, I felt how much their families loved them, how much they loved EACH OTHER. I felt inspired, and I was really happy for them. Look at Tony's face -- he's just beaming with pride and joy.

and Dulce sang! 
It was simple yet meaningful, and it wasn't pretentious at all. They had a wedding to celebrate their love, and not to show off to their peers or relatives nothing more.

Oh man. I want a wedding like this. 

PS: Photos of me and long-time friend, Daisy :)


Congralulations Tony and Paola! What a great wedding! :D

8 Comments:

  1. Paola was my classmate in grade school =) Congrats to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow small world! I like how real the wedding was and the couple had so much fun the entire time. They're so lucky to have found each other :)

      Delete
  2. don't worry Miss Kira, the right man will come at the right time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Issa! Aww..thank you <3 Am not in a hurry, but I'm glad though that this wedding inspired me as I was initially thinking it might make me more jaded :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am at awe how you can survive like that...I was in depression when my 4year relationship ended..I cried for two years ha! as in! ang galing mo..keep it up..the right man is bound to come along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Leilani! There is nothing left for me to do but look at the bright side! And even though there were times (even while I was in SG) I wanted to breakdown and cry, I have to be strong for myself. You're the 2nd person who told me that. I think it's also because for 6 years I gave everything, and I have no tears left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. reading this was a shock kira :( i didn't know...anyway kudos to you! you seem to be handling everything fine. visit me when you're free...ingat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat! It's ok, I'm sure everything will work out for the best :) See you soonest!

      Delete