Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How do you exfoliate?

I suffered horrendous pimples a few months ago, click here and here. As a last resort, I went to Flawless Facial Center and had a Nano Power Peel (more on this soon). Fast forward to 2 months later, my skin has greatly improved (some bloggers even noticed, yay!) and my breakouts lessened.

As per the Aesthetician at Flawless, perspiration catches dirt and clogs pores so regular exfoliation is a must. Add the fact that I commute to and from work (hello pollution), it's easy to see why I end up having comedones on my hyperactive t-zone.

I never realized that I exfoliated on a daily basis, not until I thoughtfully paid attention to all the stuff I've been using. I've been using these products regularly for a few months already, so they must work right? Let me share with you how I gently exfoliate my way to clear skin:

1. Mosbeau Placenta White All-in-One Soap (Php 400)

Sorry if I sound redundant, but the Mosbeau Placenta White All-in-One Soap has helped lighten blemishes and smoothen my skin. I use this everyday. The citric acid is said to help with the exfoliation. I love this so much I have 2 waiting in the wing. FYI, I don't use the net because I'm lazy like that, haha.


2. VMV Id Clarifying and Firming Toner (Php 150)


I've been using the toner my Derma has prescribed for the last 10+ years, but once a week I spike my routine with the Id Clarifying and Firming Toner. The salicylic acid content helps clear pores and rid of deep-seated dirt. The small bottles above are only Php 150 each, part of a clearance sale from VMV Glorietta.

3. Forever Flawless Nano Power Peel

Every end of the month (or every 6 weeks max) I have a facial plus a Nano (crystal) Peel for optimum exfoliation. The peel effectively removes dirt and dead skin cells plus lessens oiliness. It is pricey at Php 2000 but the 2-hour session is just pure bliss. I have mine done by Mhel at Flawless Trinoma.

So there. My skin is not perfect, I still have pimples during that time of the month or on really stressful days, but it's easier to manage now. One thing I've also noticed is that my overall skintone has become brighter :)

How do YOU exfoliate your skin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment