Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Travel-Worthy Makeup Must-Haves: VMV + Mosbeau + Shu Uemura

Okay guys, I am back! But be prepared for a barrage of Singapore photos in the next few weeks as I've been sifting through hundreds since this morning and well, I kinda gave up halfway. Anyway, if you must know it was terribly hot in Singapore and spending a minimum of 8 hours everyday under the blistering sun, well, my concern was still to look *pretty* decent in photos (superficial ba? Haha). 

So here's my dream team, so to speak. I've been using these everyday and they never failed me! I like to pack light, too, which is why I go for multi-functional and long-lasting products :)

My ultimate tag team: 


The Mosbeau All in One Facial Cream (thank you PMP!) is my favorite base-slash-night cream and overall moisturizer. It in a gel form, is non-greasy and non-oily and feels incredibly light. It's the perfect base for oily-skinned chicas who need to moisturize before applying foundation.


I got the VMV Skin Savvy in N1 recently (thank you VMV!) and I've been using it religiously. The N1 shade complements my skin tone (I used to be NC25 but I am sorta "sunkissed" now), think of it as a tinted Armada 60. It's creamy yet dries matte and offers buildable medium coverage. You have to work fast when spreading this as it refuses to budge once its dry. It also has a bit of drag, which is why it is necessary to moisturize beforehand.

The VMV Skin Savvy boasts of SPF 60, it can cover minor blemishes, redness, pores and also evens out the skin tone. It stays put even after sweating, awesome huh?

The finishing touches:


1. VMV Illuminants Brilliant Finish 25 Foundation - actually covers like pressed powder, my Macadamia shade matches the N1 foundation. Also offers SPF 25.

2. VMV Glitz Lipstick in It Girl - A red lipstick with sparkles, it's a cross between matte and creamy. It also leaves a stain after eating or drinking.

3. Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil - The lasting power of this baby was severely tested in Singapore -- and it passed with flying colors! These photos prove that even under extreme heat, splashes of water (in Waterworld and Rapids Adventure), and extreme sweating, it will stay on until you take it off. Amazing!

August 13:  Bird Encounters at Sentosa at 12:00 pm
August 13: On the Sky Tower at 2pm
August 14: Universal Studios at 11:00 am
August 15: Magnolia ice cream along Orchard Road at 3:00 pm
So there, whew! Overall I'm pretty happy with these products and I can see myself using/wearing them for many months come. Will I repurchase? Definitely!

Enjoy the long weekend folks! I'm going to take this time to recuperate and eat lots of Kaya :)

4 Comments:

  1. VMV Skin Savvy looks promising! Will check it out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! The Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil is also a winner! I highly recommend it :)

      Delete
  2. I love your lipstick! :D PS. nothing wrong in being superficial :D I'm actually amazed you packed so lightly!

    ReplyDelete