Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: VMV Hypoallergenic Essence Skin-Saving Clark Wash

VMV Hypoallergenics recently came out with another sensational product -- the VMV Hypoallergenic Essence Skin-Saving Clark Wash. It is impressively 100% All-Types-Of-Fragrance-Free; 100% free of allergenic surfactants, SLS, SLES, dyes, pthalates, parabens + preservatives; non-comedogenic and usage + patch tested. 

As mentioned in my previous blog post, I am trying to get my clear and healthy skin back which means I try to hold off on unnecessary chemicals. This doesn't mean I totally swear off parabens and the like, but I try to at least minimize my chemical usage. From hereon end, less is more for me.

VMV Hypoallergenic Essence Skin-Saving Clark Wash with separate pump
One big softie. Our ultra-gentle Clark Wash is the mild-mannered “Kent” to our popular Essence Superwash Hair + Body Shampoo.

A rich, soothing, non-drying, non-irritating and rash-flaking-and-acne-preventing alternative for hair, scalp + body cleansing with super results. Provides important prevention for active therapies by keeping problems like acne, rashes and hyperpigmentation from recurring.
 
Skincredibly mild, hydrating + non-pore-clogging. Safe for cleansing sensitive areas. Safe for children as well as adults who shower frequently and even those with medically-managed conditions. Wonderful even on very dry, breakage-prone or treated hair and hypersenstive scalps.
Validated Hypoallergenic: VH-76/76
(sans all common allergens: extended allergen series North American Contact Dermatitis Group + standard allergen series European Surveillance System of Contact Allergies)
For men, women and children of all ages 
Price: Php 800/250ml
I've always been vocal about my admiration for VMV, telling people that growing up I saw my Mom use VMV moisturisers and loose powders. It was no surprise that I would follow suit. I've been using the Re-5 Keratin Daily Shampoo since last year since my perm but now that I'm out, I decided to try the Essence Skin-Saving Clark Wash that the kind folks over at VMV sent.


What I like it:

  • contains mild ingredients that care for sensitive skin and scalps. This shampoo did not give me dandruff or blemishes/pimples
  • comes in clear fluid formula that lathers well and rinses clean
  • in true VMV fashion, this product is  100% All-Types-Of-Fragrance-Free; 100% free of allergenic surfactants, SLS, SLES, Dyes, pthalates, parabens + preservatives; non-comedogenic and usage + patch tested
  • contains monolaurin for gentle antimicrobial protection
  • goes well with my Pure Beauty Treatment Conditioner
  • unscented, great for those who are allergic to fragrances

What I don't like:

  • expensive at Php 800, but this is a small price to pay if you have really sensitive, acne-prone skin or medically-managed skin 
  • wide bottle opening that is prone to spillage, best when used with the pump which is sold separately
  • since it does not contain the usual silicones and hair softeners, I really need conditioner to make my hair feel soft and manageable

Neutral:


Other product photos:


Pour conclure, I really like this shampoo and I wouldn't mind purchasing this when I run out. However if the price is too steep for you you  may consider purchasing other natural/organic brands as a substitute, this is of course if you're not allergic to any of the natural ingredients.

If you're eyeing the VMV Hypoallergenic Essence Skin-Saving Clark Wash and have dry/chemically-treated hair like me, just make sure to use a good moisturising conditioner afterwards.

What about you, what's your favorite shampoo? Share them in comments section below :)

3 Comments:

  1. Hi Kira

    This product looks so promising. Does your hair clump when you shampoo that's why you need a conditioner afterwards?

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! My hair needs conditioner bec of the perm, it's very dry e.

      Delete
  2. Like you, my hair is also digitally permed, and the best shampoo I have come across with is the Garnier Fructis Curl and Shine shampoo. It makes my curly hair soft and bouncy. It also has a conditioner, but I don't like it.

    misslitratista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete