Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Review: Human Nature Perfect Coverage Mineral Foundation in Honey

The last time I purchased makeup from Human Nature, I complained that their so-called "foundation" was actually more of a pressed powder because of how sheer the coverage was. When they released their "medium to full" mineral foundation, I was skeptical at first, but decided to bite the bullet anyway. After all, it was so affordable at only Php 475.

Think the new Human Nature Perfect Coverage Mineral Foundation is for you? Read on to find out.

Finally, a perfect foundation that’s so comfortable to wear, you won’t even notice it’s there!
Perfect Coverage Mineral Foundation is formulated with multi-functional rice powder, bamboo powder, and Vitamin E to give medium to high coverage and help seamlessly cover imperfections! It leaves you only with a velvety soft matte finish, perfect complexion, flawless-looking, shine-free face... and not the harmful chemical ingredients found in regular foundations! Just the perfect match for your skin you’ve been waiting for! 
Price: Php 475/7.5g (introductory price)

What I like:

  • instantly blots out shine upon application
  • smooth and finely-milled mineral powder gives the illusion of smoother skin and diffuses imperfections
  • has an overspray of shimmer that does not make skin look flat
  • decent oil control (maybe 2-3 hours for oily skin), I blot a lot less now. Please note that the oil control also depends on what base I use, if I use the Jane Iredale Dream Tint, I oil up a lot less. If I use the Leyende Place in the Sun, then it goes without saying that I oil up faster due to the richness of the moisturizer.
  • easy to reapply, no caking or clumping even if I don't blot beforehand
  • the Honey shade blends into my NC25 skin well (although I tanned a bit in Boracay and I'm not sure if I am still an NC25). Honey is best for light (not fair) yellow-toned skin, I would have appreciated a relatively lighter shade though (Vanilla, on the other hand, is too light!) 
  • economical, a little goes a long way
  • feels lightweight on the skin
  • stays color true the whole day on me, even after perspiring and commuting
  • I did not experience any allergic reactions or breakouts
  • 100% no harmful chemicals 
  • light pleasant smell 
  • affordable

What I don't like:

  • I dropped my first compact and the powder foundation cracked! The compact with mirror is still intact though, so please be mindful when handling this product!
  • inconsistent shades -- always buy directly from Human Nature because the ones available in Beauty Bar boutiques are darker (may have oxidized due to storage). I've experienced this with the Mineral Powder and again with the Mineral Foundation. The photos in this blog post show the correct shade as I purchased this directly from the company. 
  • cheap plastic packaging, but I can't complain with the Php 475 price
  • not readily available anywhere, you have to order online and pay via credit card, G-Cash or bank deposit

I'm pretty sure you're all wondering about the coverage, so here's a before and after pic:

click to view
In the left photo I was just wearing the Jane Iredale Dream Tint. Upon a light application of the Human Nature Perfect Coverage Mineral Foundation in Honey, my skin is brighter, smoother and the blemish marks are less noticeable. It can cover minor redness but of course if you completely want to make them invisible, you have to use a separate concealer. So I'd say that this foundation has buildable medium coverage. 

Have you tried the new Human Nature Perfect Coverage Mineral Foundation? 
Let me know what you think :)


12 Comments:

  1. Looks promising! Will probably try this out too when I reach pan on my current powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read your review on it, Jill! See you Friday :)

      Delete
  2. I have this in Caramel but haven't used it yet. Will prolly do next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kira,

    Do you use the sponge included for application? Or a brush is preferred? Thanks! :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Apol! I always use the sponge included because I'm lazy, haha. And the sponge picks up enough powder for medium coverage :)

      Delete
  4. Sadly, I need to replace my Jane Iredale powder now, so I might get this instead of Prestige's Wet/Dry Foundation. I don't want heavy coverage naman eh. And your befre-after pics look really promising. What shade do you think I should wear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex! I was wearing it last night, may napansin ka bang difference? Haha. Hmm...I think you can get away with Honey or Caramel :) I want to go the HN flagship store one of these days. Let's?

      Delete
  5. Hi Kira,

    How is this compared to Pur Minerals/Colorescience? I have and love both. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie!

      Human Nature offers more coverage and the texture is smoother, plus it offers better oil control.

      But in terms of shade I am a better match to Pur Minerals "Light", the HN foundation in Honey is medyo dark and the "Vanilla Light" is too light naman :)

      Delete
    2. i forgot to say thanks kira, so thanks so much. :) after i read your message I got myself one and i love the coverage more than my pur but i think i like colorescience better coz of the color. got the vanilla light and its ok for me kaya lang kinda pinkish cya. :) if more on the yellow side cya...ang happy ko na. :)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. Jamie! It's usually a hit or miss with Human Nature, if the Honey shade was lighter it would be perfect for me :)

      Delete