Monday, July 16, 2012

On the Road to Clear Skin

A few weeks ago I had posted that my skin has not been looking too good as the result of trying out several skin care products, ingestives and makeup (for blog purposes). My skin reacted pretty badly and I am now headstrong at getting my clear (and healthy!) skin back.

So I've trimmed down my products list and only concentrate on using products that I've used before, or those with gentle formulations.

FOR MORNING


1. Mosbeau Placenta White All-in-One Facial Soap (Php 400)A foaming facial soap that gently exfoliates my skin (with citric acid) and lightens (with algae extract and horse placental protein) skin at the same time. I have to thank Paul for sending me the Mosbeau kit because honestly, I can't live without it! It does not give me pinkish skin as most peeling products do, rather it just cleanses gently and effectively. How do I know my skin is peeling without actually peeling? Well, my lips have also become smoother and doesn't chap anymore, it's a breeze to apply lipstick now.

2. Jane Iredale Dream Tint SPF 15 (Php 1,890) I use this on days when I want more oil control. It's rather drying and if I use this daily I get some sort of a rash on my forehead due to lack of moisture (told ya my skin's sensitive). I use this as a base for powder foundation when I know I'm headed out for events or on a date (tee-hee).

3. Leyende Place in the Sun (Php 400) - This moisturizer protects with SPF 30, however it can be a bit rich for combi-oily skin but I put up with it since it does not give me pimples or any allergic reactions. It also contains eco-cert ingredients and keeps my skin's moisture levels up during long hours in an air-conditioned office. 

MAKEUP 


1. V&M Smooch Lip DetoxLove how minty this is! 

2. Lancome Rouge in Love in Rose St. Honore - reminds me of the now defunct Shu Uemura Lolishine. It's a very weightless and shiny lipcolor that just glides smoothly on the lips.

3. Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Powder Foundation (Php 1,250) - I use this for touch-ups but since I tanned a bit from our Boracay trip, I tend to the use the Human Nature Powder Foundation more.

4. Human Nature 100% Natural Perfect Coverage Mineral Foundation (Php 495) - Started using this a 3 weeks ago and I love the medium coverage and the oil control. The Honey shade is a tad too yellow for me, but it blends well anyway. I'll write a thorough review soon.

FOR NIGHT


1. Mosbeau Placenta White All-in-One Facial Cream (Php 1,480) - Don't be fooled by the name, this actually comes in a cool and lightweight gel that is perfect for combi-oily skin. I use this as my night moisturizer. Thanks again to Paul for sending me this for review :)

2. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye - my current eye treatment of choice, it absorbs fast, feels lightweight and gives a non-greasy, silky finish.

3. Softening Lotion (Php 500) - the only toner that doesn't give me pimples or dermatitis. Only available from my Dermatologist.

Pimple products (I only use one or two when needed)

1. BPO Cream (below the Estee Lauder ANR) - contains benzoyl peroxide and miconozole to reduce inflammation of cystic pimples.

2. VMV Hypoallergenics Id Monolaurin Gel - I use this on whiteheads or on emerging pimples.

3. VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Spot Corrector - I alternate this with the BPO Cream on cystic pimples.

4. VMV Hypoallergenics Red Better Flare Up Balm - I use this sparingly on dermatitis or when I develop allergic reactions from trying out products. I recently ran out of hydro-cortisone cream and decided to use this instead, works pretty well.

BEFORE & AFTER


This is a quick before and after shot: notice the cystic pimples on my cheek are now flat. The spots are still there and I expect it will take a while before they finally disappear. At least now with this current skin care regimen, I can keep pimples at bay. I still get one before my period, but at least it's more manageable and not spread out on my cheek like the one shown above.

Pour conclure:

I always say that before engaging in any skin care regimen, it is a must to have yourself checked out by a Dermatologist first to make sure that you're doing the right thing. Just like anyone else, I also tried to self-medicate with products that are readily available in malls, bazaars, etc. I was gullible since I wanted to improve my skin a whole lot (and was very impatient, haha). But you have to realize that good skin does not happen overnight, you have to be patient and you have to use the right products. So if you've tried "everything else under the sun" and have spent quite a small fortune already, I highly recommend seeing a board-certified Dermatologist and religiously visiting her/him for optimum results.

On the side, I have also recently tried the Flawless Nano Power Peel which have also helped improve my skin. I vow to have this every month, expect a review soon :)

Are you also suffering from pimples, acne or blemishes? 
Care to share your most prized or secret skin care regimen? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment