Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Charcoal Toothbrush?

I got wind of the Watsons Charcoal Toothbrush at the last Watsons Beauty Lab event, and have been trying to get a hold of it ever since. It was always MIA in all Watsons/SM stores that I thought it was some sort of an urban legend. That or maybe it never really existed at all, haha.

And then lo and behold, I spot it 3 months later while shopping for toiletries in SM San Lazaro (of all places!). I was excited and immediately got 2 packs, they were only going for Php39.75 so it wouldn't really hurt if in the end the charcoal bit would only turn out as a marketing ploy.


I used this a few times already, and one thing that's noticeable is the very sift bristles. I'm sort of having difficulty with the handle because it is made of smooth plastic (has the tendency to slip while brushing), wish it had some rubber grips on it. But then again I really can't ask for more because it's only Php 39.75 :P

There is no way to check if it really does contain charcoal, I'll see if the dark bristles fade in the future due to constant use.

What about you, have you encountered a charcoal toothbrush before? Would you be willing to try this?

4 Comments:

  1. I would! It's the first time I've seen such a thing. At tama, sa SM San Lazaro mo pa talaga nahanap. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga e. Sometimes SM San Lazaro has lots of "hidden gems" :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Charcoal! We used it in chem lab experiments because activated charcoal is a good removal of contaminants.. Now I want to use it! Update maybe? :D


    Almira :)
    numbertwohere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Almira! So far so good, seems like a regular toothbrush to me :P Still thinking how I'll be able to gauge if it really decreases "undesired breath" (as indicated on the packaging). Haha :D

      Delete