Friday, May 25, 2012

Take the Road Less Travelled

I woke up today half wanting to curl up in bed and spend the remaining 17 hours sleeping and zoning out, while the other half was nagging me to get up and get ready for work already. Guess which half won?

Guess again. I am now at work and sneaking a blog entry, haha.

source
I am quite relaxed today, if not a wee bit excited. I stayed up until 4am with one of my closest friends, we had kebab and coffee and talked, and talked, and talked. If there is one person in the world whom I would choose to talk to day in, day out, it would that person. I feel really...no, extremely fortunate to be blessed with good friends. This person in particular, has been my beacon of trust and hope for the past several years. When  someone knows you and your idiosyncrasies down to your inner core and still accepts you for who you are, then you must be the luckiest person in the world. And I feel that way today.

My life this month has been a rollercoaster of emotions. My co-workers and friends (those who know) would agree that I've been dealing with a lot of negativity, confusion and uncertainty. I questioned a lot of things, even myself and my own decisions.

But the answers, unbeknownst to me, were already laid out in front of me. I was just too chicken to take the first step.

Well eventually, I had to. And it opened a whole new world of possibilities. Sometimes life pushes us to do something really out of our comfort zone, and you just have to take the road less travelled and hope for the best. God, after all, will not give us more than we can handle.

So that's that. And hopefully I get my blog back on track. SOON.

4 Comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I miss you and my wallet, Kari! Haha :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you'll be all fine Ms. Kira.
    God is at work.
    On whatever road you're traveling now.
    This too shall pass :)
    Power Hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...Thank you so much Kristine. I really appreciate it. Hugs back to you :)

      Delete