Friday, May 25, 2012

My Kind of Coral: Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick in Island Glow

I've been on the lookout for the perfect coral pink shade, and it's funny how I've succumbed to purchasing high-end lipsticks, only to find the ideal shade from Avon.

Yup, a Php 199 product took my breath away.

Luxurious moisture, super-saturated colour. Targets dryness with hydrosphere technology. Contains jojoba oil and vitamin A, C, and E.  
Price: Php 199 (sale)

The Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick in Island Glow imparts a milky coral pink shade -- not too neon, not to crazy tangerine, just the right amount of brightness. Its formula is moisturizing and thus glides smoothly on the lips.


I really love how this shade brightens up my complexion. As you all know, I mostly concentrate on the lips to finish off my whole "office look". No fancy-shmancy makeup for me, I am just your regular low-maintenance kinda girl (at least makeup-wise). In the photo above, I am wearing the Neutrogena BB Cream (my everyday staple) topped with the VMV Hypoallergenics Illuminants Powder Foundation plus the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder and of course, the Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick in Island Glow. Pretty huh?

PS: The Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick in Island Glow smells pretty good, too :)

4 Comments:

  1. great shade! I love avon lipsticks :))

    http://loveandelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I want to explore the other shades in this range. What shades do you recommend? :)

      Delete
  2. I love ultra moisture lipstick and the packaging. but for the regular price of 299php, i think it's too pricey. yung amount kasi ng lipstick sa tube is onti lang, parang continously ngamit, ganun.haha. pero ang ganda tlga noh? i'm in love with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's shorter nga compared to the other lipsticks. But I think it's worth it for something you can get on sale for P199 and love enough to wear everyday :)

      Delete