Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Know Any Good Hypnotists?

I talk to my "shrink" almost every day. I say almost because as much as I find talking to him enjoyable, I believe it would not be best for me and my sanity to be too reliant on him. After all, he is not really a shrink, but rather a close friend who is well-versed in the study of the mind. And also the fact that I've known him for roughly 7 years also means I can trust him completely and tell him whatever and he'd still give me his well-rounded opinion.

Last night while talking on the phone, I asked him blatantly: "Can you hypnotize me?" To which he replied, "I don't know how but my fiancee is good at it. Why?" I jokingly answered (though we all know jokes are half-meant): "I want to erase the last 6 4 years of my life, but then again I still want to remember my friends and some awesome experiences I had. Can you do selective erasing instead?" To which my he quipped, "Look, Kira, we are psychologists. We are not the Men In Black!"

source
I thought that conversation was really funny and well, disappointing to say the least (my mouth is pursed as of writing). As much as I want to shortcut everything, I guess it's just not possible. And so on nights when I should be going out and hitting the town (I haven't done this in a long time and as such I don't know how to begin "hitting the town"), I curl up in bed and read a good book. Is this what 30-something people do now? Go to work, meet friends, have dinner or go to the movies, then lie in bed and read a good book? Nothing against Eat Pray Love (which is awesome btw), but I sorta wish there was something else I could do. With my limited income, maybe travelling is my best bet for the year.

And as much as it is so enticing to go back and rely on old habits and relationships, I know this is not the best way to go about "living my life to the fullest." So in the meantime, maybe I can get away with a good hypnotist first. Know any? Really now. Let me know in the comments (okay I'm kidding...or am I?)

Before I go back to work, let me leave you with one of my favorite quotes from the book:

"Someday you're gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You'll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing...” 

"When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It's safe. Let go.” 

10 Comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Kira. What you said about selective erasing made me think of my favorite movie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's a really cool movie about forgetting and handling memories. I don't know if by recommending the film I was able to help you, but I do wish you your happiness. You will get it back in time. God bless you. :)

    http://nouniformtoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! I've seen that before but now is a good time to watch it again :)

      Delete
  2. I think you are going through something... not sure what it is exactly but I have a feeling it's something I've already gone through before.

    I'm someone who believes that everything happens for a reason. Good or bad, it's part of a bigger plan. I think I "trained" myself to have this kind of outlook for fear of having too many regrets in life. So sometimes, when I'm in the mood to be reflective, I look back at both the bad and good decisions I've made in the past and connect them to anything good that's in my present and to how well I've come to learn more about myself. Then I do a fast-forward to the future and ask myself, "Would I rather have these things happen to me now while I still have lots of years ahead? Or later when there might not be enough time for me to discover the reasons why they actually happened?"

    On a lighter note, have you tried Yoga? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivi! The part about me looking for a hypnotist is kinda extreme, and was written to poke fun at myself and humor my readers :D

      I like you outlook! On my end, the way I see it is that if not for all these things happening (good or bad), I would never be where I am now. I think life is a mish mash of several different things that bring you a particular point (also either good or bad). So right now, work-wise, I feel very lucky and I am thankful for that. And I know the rest will follow ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Miss Kira! At times like this, best to stay close with your family. They are the ones who will always stay with you to support and comfort you. :) God bless and take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Issa! Hope you can visit us at Bloggers United :) I would love to meet my readers :)

      Delete
  4. oh, i hope to meet you soon too! but my weekends are spent at Batangas because my son stays there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're liking the book :)

    Hmmm. I have another suggestion. Watch my super ultimate favorite of all time, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". They talk about selective erasing. But watch it maybe after a couple of months pa muna :) See you tomorrow, Kira!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that book, so inspiring!

    XX,
    Jess

    jessnothinless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete