Monday, May 28, 2012

Dessert Overload at Parvati


Since I now have the leisure of going out with friends anytime and anywhere (pretty much), I've been open to the idea of hanging out with [new] people and discovering new places. Parvati has been nestled on the lower ground floor of Trinoma mall. Can't say that this is new because I always see it but I've never gone around to eating there (go figure). It was only after much prodding from Krissy that I decided to "Oh sure let's check it out since we're all drowning our sorrows anyway," haha.


Although primarily known as a dessert place, Parvati now serves -- tadaaah! -- sandwiches and light snacks. We chose the Chicken Pot Pie (Php 200) and split it accordingly. The photo above is my half, which didn't look and taste too appealing. I seriously missed my Mom's tuna casserole which is homemade and tastes loads better. Sorry, Parvati.


Krissy had the Triple Decker Chocolate Cheesecake (Php 140) and was so willing to share it with me. I wasn't too keen about it though (I don't like brownies, chocolate cakes or chocolate desserts for that matter), but for the sake of tasting it, I tried the cheesecake in between which is pretty good (I'd say, similar to the Oreo Cheesecake over at Starbucks).


I've been craving for Frozen Brazo for the longest time, and when I saw Parvati's version, I instantly ordered it. It's Php 200 for the mini size, the photo above only shows half of it. It was too big for me, so I decided to give it to my sister instead.

So how did the Frozen Brazo fare compared to my all-time favorite Sweet Surrender? Well, they are essentially very similar however Sweet Surrender seems to be less nakakasawa for me. It says on the Parvati menu that their Frozen Brazo is made by someone else (Sweet Sheries?). In my book Sweet Surrender is still the winner, but this one is a close second. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they're prolly made by the same person under a pseudonym, haha.


And this is Krissy being so coy! We had a great time talking about work, future plans and well, relationships.  I think I do regret telling her about what happened to me last week, I think she really was affected. Poor girl :(

What's your favorite dessert place? Can you recommend some new places we can try out? :)

4 Comments:

  1. Everything looks soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Drooling over those cakes. I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's this new dessert place in Banawe, QC called Love Desserts. They offer sweets all you can forr 199php :) I haven't been there but would love to. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-Desserts/332112096805039

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I live near Banawe so I'll definitely check it out. Thanks Clarisse for the recommendation :)

      Delete