Friday, January 27, 2012

Our Nail Experience at B.A.R. - updated

*added the reply from B.A.R. owner below

Last Saturday, my sister and I delivered new EarthlyDelights accessories to the Bedazzle store in University Mall, Taft. We were both in dire need of a manicure and pedicure (as we were way excited for the Katy Perry concert the next day) that we decided to try out the B.A.R. aka Beauty and Rejuvenation salon/spa located just adjacent to the store.


It was my first time and my sister's second time to visit. B.A.R. The place was empty and quiet on a weekend plus the interiors we beckoning, so we figured we could relax, hang out and have our nails done while we plan out our Sunday itinerary.


The set up was interesting, and well, a bit weird for me. But it made sense, cos the sinks on the floor made it easy for the staff to the rinse the feet of clients and perform foot spas.



I decided to just have a mani-pedi while my sister settled on a manicure. B.A.R.'s nail polish selection ranged from local to imported (i.e. Orly, OPI, etc); and finishes from glossy to matte.

affordable services

So how did they fare, you ask?

Well, for one, the tools they used were very sharp and the attendants were heavy-handed. So that combination wasn't too comforting for me. When I noticed that my manicurist was pulling a piece of skin with her nipper, I asked her to stop because it hurt. But she just quipped, "Loose skin lang yan, Ma'am" and continued doing it. I was left with a wound on my toe, owie :(


They were fast but careless, it was as if they were rushing to move on to the next client (and there were only 3 of us there). My sister's manicurist was in such a hurry and didn't even bother to fix her botched nails. My sister said her nail polish even smelled heavily of solvent.

nail polish over my sister's fingers
messy application of nail polish
Would I go back? I don't think so. I like the fact that the owners were very nice and hands-on with the services, but I'd rather go somewhere where my nails will be well taken care of. I rarely write negative reviews (I try to see the good in everything), but this place really hurt our nails so bad. Sorry. Maybe, they do deserve a second chance, right?

*Reply from B.A.R. owner, Ms. Lily Tan:

Hi Ms. Kira,

we do appreciate hearing from our clients, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services. Please note that we will improve our services ASAP.

while the lack of quality service you experienced is unusual and not the standard, but still...there is no excuse for an easygoing attitude and work on the part of any of our employees. we are so sorry for this...nahihiya tuloy ako and the fact that this is your first time to visit our spa.

again... Im so sorry, I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you...

Sincerely,

Lily (B.A.R Salon Spa owner) 


B.A.R. is located on the 3f of University Mall, Taft Avenue (beside DLSU)

7 Comments:

  1. Grabe naman yan! Why were hey in such a hurry when you were the only ones there? So weird! Hay... Sayang naman.

    Chrissy

    My Makeup Blog | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Kira,

    we do appreciate hearing from our clients, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services. Please note that we will improve our services ASAP.

    while the lack of quality service you experienced is unusual and not the standard, but still...there is no excuse for an easygoing attitude and work on the part of any of our employees. we are so sorry for this...nahihiya tuloy ako and the fact that this is your first time to visit our spa.

    again... Im so sorry, I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you...

    Sincerely,

    Lily(B.A.R Salon Spa owner)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a nice place to visit pa naman. But I hate it when manicurists are careless, *especially* when you've already told them that it's painful. Super pet peeve ko yun!

    Is it just your photos, or does UM really look that nice now? Haha!

    Alex
    The Reluctant Stylista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It really is better now! It now houses BonChon, Persia Grill, among others :)

      Delete
  4. I just went to B.A.R. a while ago and I might not go back. I had my nail polish changed from black to flesh. the manicurist did terrible job at removing my black polish. may naiwan pa sa sides. tapos when i asked her to remove it, they talked about me in another dialect and said 'change polish' lang naman daw, kaya she shouldn't clean my nails. Lang? i paid a good amount for that. wala naman sakin yung bill, kahit mahal, sulit sana because of the ambiance na meron yung place, and kung good quality talaga ung service. i paid 450 for polish change, foot spa and pedicure. it would'nt really be a big deal if walang attitude yung staff and they did their job well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to read about your experience, Angel.I thought they have improved their services by now. It's been a full year since my post after all :(

      Delete
  5. Hello Angel,We deeply regret the experience you had with one of our nail technician and you can be assured the feedback was shared with the rest of our employees. I personally investigated your complaint and there's no excuse to the unpleasant behavior of my staff. I believe we already responded to your letter dated 1st week of july. Once again we appreciate your feedback. You may contact me anytime if you have other concerns. --- BAR management

    ReplyDelete