Sunday, January 29, 2012

MAKE UP FOR EVER La Boheme Rouge Artist Lipstick in Folk

The new La Boheme Collection features a new take on MAKE UP FOR EVER's Rouge Artist Natural in Folk (Php 1,280) which comes in a warm red coral shade, perfect for those who want to rock this year's pantone but are not quite ready to go full-on tangerine tango :)


The packaging is the first thing one would notice as it features playful imprints of leaves inside the tube and the MAKE UP FOR EVER logo on the cap. The Rogue Artist itself comes in a sheer, melt-away formula that will undoubtedly complement various skin tones. A sample was provided for me so I could roadtest this pretty little thing.


What I like:

  • the case is so pretty!
  • the red coral shade complements my NC25 skin tone, the coral shade looks natural and photogenic
  • feels lightweight on the lips, non-sticky
  • light, natural finish, has subtle iridescent sparkles

What I don't like:

  • my lipstick had a chemical smell that I can taste when I lick my lips; I got a tester (unsealed) product though

The La Boheme Collection also includes a several other bohemian and gypsy-inspired products with vibrant shandes and pretty patchwork packaging:


Rogue Artist Natural Lipstick in Boheme (Php 1,280) - a peach beige shade
Aqua Eyes (Php 980) - a wood-inspired matte-black shade
Limited Edition Pearly Eyeshadow Palette (Php 2,380) -  Parma Violet (sparkle finish), Natural Green (pearly finish), Beige (pearly), Brown (sparkle), Lagoon Green (sparkle), Coral (sparkle).

MAKE UP FOR EVER is available at:

- Level 3 Shangri-la Plaza Mall tel. no. 569-5235
- B:8 Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global Taguig City tel. no. 856-5243

For more info check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MAKEUPFOREVERPh

3 Comments:

  1. I like the packaging. Too bad there's a taste from the lip stick, I really don't like having any taste especially if it's chemical-y.

    Chrissy

    My Makeup Blog | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chriselle! This is my first MUFE lipstick, so I don't know if all of them smell/taste this way. And I only got a sample through mail which was unsealed.

      Delete