Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Review: Yves Rocher Serum Vegetal Wrinkles & Radiance Dazzling Cream

I have to thank Liz of Project Vanity for giving me an eye cream for a birthday gift (she also sent me a pretty lace dress and a NYX lipstick, thank you!) because this was one of the things I packed when I flew out a couple of weeks ago. Most of my eye creams are in pots, which sucks because I don't like getting product on the caps. Yes folks, I am that anal.

Yves Rocher is a French brand that has been around since 1959. They offer a  bevy of products from skin care, makeup, body care, fragrances, hair care as well as bath & shower products, all made with their signature Botanical Beauty.

This special delicate-area treatment, both gentle and highly effective, meticulously treats the eye contour area. It reduces wrinkles, smoothes crow's feet, reduces and decongests undereye bags and instantly brightens the area, thanks to its subtle pearly texture. 
Key botanicals: cornflower water, apple oligosides, organic aloe vera gel, horse chestnut extract, coffee extract, mangiferine, organic sesame oil, soy oil.


What I like:

  • it's a lightweight cream that is easily absorbed by the skin
  • moisturizes my eye area well without being greasy
  • did not give me any irritations or allergic reactions, no milia, too
  • handy and hygienic packaging, perfect for travellers!
  • the iridescent micro-shimmers helps deflect light thus giving the illusion of brighter/less visible eye bags
  • the coffee extract ingredient helps reduce the appearance of eye bags

What I don't like:

  • when I top this product with my liquid foundation, I notice that it tends to crease and set into my fine lines after a few hours.

More photos:

pearly product
look closely to spot the micro-shimmers
Verdict:

I'd like to think that this is a nice eye cream to try, can't particularly comment on its anti-aging benefits since I don't have any crow's feet or deep wrinkles.

Have you tried anything from Yves Rocher? What's your HG eye cream? :)

4 Comments:

  1. i haven't tried any from the brand. it sounds mahal...yves rocher, lulz! how much does this one cost kaya?

    have you just had your birthday, Kira??? ooooh, belated!

    (Re: past post on my dogs passing: thanks for your sweet words Kira. it meant so much to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @herroyalbleaknessI heard from Liz that Yves Rocher products are actually affordable, like P1,000 and below. Their store is in SM North Edsa, though I have yet to visit.

    Thanks for the birthday greeting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh. I also saw one this afternoon at SM Fairview... it's still on its in-the-making phase, but i bet that new YR store will be up before December. So interested in Fwench skincare! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @herroyalbleaknessCooool! :D Let me know if you score anything :) Would love to read your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete